FW: [hreg] Fwd: Greenpeace Co-Founder Makes The Case FOR Nuclear...

  • Kevin L. Conlin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2006

      Resending………

      I agree with Andrew and Jim, this is a ridiculous proposal, totally impractical and a useless waste of taxpayer dollars, which I resent.  The numbers proposed in the Power Point presentation are totally bogus, do you really expect us to believe that you can deploy 5000 people to work on the moon for years?  His estimate of the lunar costs are $4.9 trillion, and the terrestrial costs to be $17 trillion.  How in the world can you build all of the lunar infrastructure for less than 1/3 the cost of the terrestrial rectennas?

      Just because someone is bright enough to put such a presentation together does not mean we have to respect the ideas if they are totally ridiculous!  From a practical standpoint it makes a lot more sense to deploy these resources here on earth.

      Kevin

      Kevin Conlin
      Solarcraft, Inc.
      13130 Stafford Road, Suite 125