Ribbon-cuttting ceremony

  • Becky Merritt
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 10, 2000
      Hi, All,

      Did anyone make it to the ribbon-cutting ceremony yesterday? (The one for the new solar system installation at the Texas University Center) I tried to go, but since I'm the type of person who could get lost walking around the block, I missed it.

      I'd like to know more about it, your impressions of the system, etc. Next time, I'll get better directions.

      Becky Merritt
    • jane pulaski
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 11, 2000
        hello becky:

        i went to the uthsc/houston ribbon cutting for their new pv awning (located
        on the 8th floor of their building at 1700 fannin). is spans the entire
        length of the entire 8th floor, and you can see it if you approach the
        building from the south (on fannin). it almost looks hidden, as it blends
        in very nicely with the building, but once you get closer, you can tell it's
        not a shadow or a mirage. it's right there.

        media was there, and i'd bet there was an article and picture in the
        chronicle. in the meantime, contact mani palani for more information
        (mpalani@...).

        jane pulaski
        txses/austin

      • OLafleur@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 12, 2000
          Here are some photos to highlight Jane's report.
        • jane pulaski
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 13, 2000
            Oral:

            Thanks for sending along. Nice to see you on Thursday...

            jp
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 14, 2000
              Hi Oral,

              I would like to include a photo in our upcoming TXSES newsletter. Could you
              send just one that shows the PV the most in a TIFF format? Also please include
              an identifying caption.
              Thanks so much!
              Kathryn
            • OLafleur@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 14, 2000
                I have the photos on disk at my office and will sent them to you on Wednesday
                Nov. 15, 2000. I was out of the office pretty much today.

                Oral