Today's Chron - oil up

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2006
      * Oil prices set new record Tues.  Page 1.
      * Chronicle editorial warning that any disruption in oil means trouble for Houston.  They urge us to try transit.
      * Local officials argue about who's in charge in next hurricane disaster.  Page 1.

      April 18, 2006, 8:28PM
      PAIN AT THE PUMP
      High oil and gasoline costs are the price we pay for fear and inaction
      Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle
      "With global supply running just ahead of demand, even a slight interruption of supply could disrupt global markets. ... What are the U.S. government and consumers doing to reduce demand and thus lower or check energy prices? Very little.  ... Consumers hurting at the pump can restrain gasoline prices by driving less (perhaps taking public transit or living nearer work) and acquiring more efficient vehicles. If Americans choose not to, high prices will be the least of our worries when demand outruns supply while shortages and rising costs hobble the economy.
      http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/editorial/3802837.html

      April 19, 2006, 6:44AM
      Perry slams local plan for disaster committee
      Governor wants one commander to call the shots in hurricanes and other emergencies
      http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/3803265.html

      Nan Hildreth  713-842-6643  713-443-3104 NanHildreth@...

      Have you tested your climate footprint?   www.bp.com/carbonfootprint

      Ways to lighten it are green electricity (Green Mountain or Reliant wind), compact florescent light bulbs, other energy efficiency, and offset the balance.

      I figure each 2 compact florescent light bulbs I give away (with a lecture) offset a ton a carbon dioxide.   Also I bought $12 of renewable energy credits (RECs) from www.nativeenergy.com This supports wind electricity.   So now I'm carbon neutral, what about you?

    • Kevin L. Conlin
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2006

        Nan, saw your interview in the Chronicle yesterday concerning global climate change, your comments made a lot of sense, good job!!

        Kevin

        ________________________

        Kevin Conlin
        Solarcraft, Inc.