renewable energy options

  • Susan Sloan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2006
      If you want to see your energy options, including your renewable energy options, go to
      www.powertochoose.org.  Put in your zip code and you'll get a menu of options.

      I believe it's managed by the Texas PUC.  You can compare rates and amount of renewables according to what's available in your area.

      Susan Williams Sloan
      American Wind Energy Association

      Message: 1
         Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:46:32 -0600
         From: "Rohini Bosamia" <rohinib@...>
      Subject: Re: utility companies

      According to the website, Reliant offers a 100% wind product.  With the
      hundreds of millions they spend on advertisements and their name on the
      stadium, seems like they would have made this product more known.
      Thanks everyone for the info.

         Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:41:51 -0600
         From: Nan Hildreth <nanhildreth@...>
      Subject: Friday, House party - movie on climate, wind power

      House Party - 2 short movies Climate Disruption and Wind Power

      How bad is it?  Should I be scared?  What can be done? Join us to
      watch short movies followed by discussion on global warming and how
      we can begin to move toward solutions.   Friday, March 31, 7:00 pm,
      1814 Colquitt

      First movie: Hot World, Cold Comfort by PBS NOW  Dr. Tim Barnett of
      Scripps Institution of Oceanography near San Diego used to be a
      skeptic. Then he began examining how global warming is affecting our
      oceans. DR. BARNETT: We're not talking scare tactics here. ... We're
      talking about the situation that we're creating for ourselves. And
      the best minds on the planet tell us that we've got a problem. And we
      better damn well pay attention to it. And we just have not done that yet. "

      Short movie:  Power of Wind by American Wind Energy
      Association  "Wind can produce electricity for just 5 cents per
      kilowatt hour."   www.awea.org

      Colquitt is 1 block north of Richmond between Montrose and
      Shepherd.  Wheelchair accessible, park in street.
      At the home of Anne Keehnen,  832-496-9848
      Sponsored by Houston Climate Protection Alliance,
      www.HoustonClimateProtection.org
      CONTACT:  Nan Hildreth, 713-842-6643  713-443-3104
      We'll have snacks, or you may bring something to share.

      Nan Hildreth, Houston
      713-842-6643   NanHildreth@...
      713-443-3104 cell
      3939 Luca St.
      Houston, Tx 77021

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 3
         Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:56:47 -0600
         From: Nan Hildreth <nanhildreth@...>
      Subject: Climate Protection Meeting Sunday, 4/2/06

      Houston Climate Protection Alliance meets Sunday, 2:30 pm at First
      Unitarian Universalist Church, 5200 Fannin.   On the agenda is
      reports on projects in process and clarifying our goals and plan for
      the rest of the year.    www.HoustonClimateProtection.org

      Nan Hildreth, Houston
      713-842-6643   NanHildreth@...
      713-443-3104 cell
      3939 Luca St.
      Houston, Tx 77021

      Message: 4
         Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:08:24 -0600
         From: "Bashir Syed" <bsyed@...>
      Subject: Re: Climate Protection Meeting Sunday, 4/2/06

      Nan:
      I would have come to this meeting but I have an appointment with my Tax-person.  But I would be very much interested to know any significant findings and planned projects. Best wishes,

      Bashir A. Syed
        Houston Climate Protection Alliance meets Sunday, 2:30 pm at First
        Unitarian Universalist Church, 5200 Fannin.   On the agenda is
        reports on projects in process and clarifying our goals and plan for
        the rest of the year.    www.HoustonClimateProtection.org

        Nan Hildreth, Houston
        713-842-6643   NanHildreth@...
        713-443-3104 cell
        3939 Luca St.
        Houston, Tx 77021

              Houston texas mover  Houston texas swimming pool builder  Houston texas apartment

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 5
         Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 05:44:59 -0600
         From: "jmattern" <jmattern@...>
      Subject: RE: Friday, House party - movie on climate, wind power

      I assume this is not toddler friendly event? How long are the movies? Are
      they available to rent/ borrow?
      Thank you.
      Jay Mattern
[...]

      Service.