Friday, House party - movie on climate, wind power

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2006
      House Party - 2 short movies Climate Disruption and Wind Power

      How bad is it?  Should I be scared?  What can be done? Join us to watch short movies followed by discussion on global warming and how we can begin to move toward solutions.   Friday, March 31, 7:00 pm, 1814 Colquitt

      First movie: Hot World, Cold Comfort by PBS NOW  Dr. Tim Barnett of Scripps Institution of Oceanography near San Diego used to be a skeptic. Then he began examining how global warming is affecting our oceans. DR. BARNETT: We're not talking scare tactics here. ... We're talking about the situation that we're creating for ourselves. And the best minds on the planet tell us that we've got a problem. And we better damn well pay attention to it. And we just have not done that yet. "

      Short movie:  Power of Wind by American Wind Energy Association  "Wind can produce electricity for just 5 cents per kilowatt hour."   www.awea.org

      Colquitt is 1 block north of Richmond between Montrose and Shepherd.  Wheelchair accessible, park in street.
      At the home of Anne Keehnen,  832-496-9848
      Sponsored by Houston Climate Protection Alliance, www.HoustonClimateProtection.org
      CONTACT:  Nan Hildreth, 713-842-6643  713-443-3104
      We´┐Żll have snacks, or you may bring something to share.

      Nan Hildreth, Houston
      713-842-6643   NanHildreth@...
      713-443-3104 cell
      3939 Luca St.
      Houston, Tx 77021

    • jmattern
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2006
        I assume this is not toddler friendly event? How long are the movies? Are they available to rent/ borrow?
        Thank you.
        Jay Mattern
[...]

        Well have snacks, or you may bring something to share.

        Nan Hildreth, Houston
        713-842-6643   NanHildreth@...
        713-443-3104 cell
        3939 Luca St.
        Houston, Tx 77021

      • Nan Hildreth
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31, 2006
          You can borrow the movies from me.   The wind movie is nine minutes, the global warming PBS is 30 minutes.   Toddlers?  Why not?

          At 05:44 AM 3/31/2006, you wrote:
[...]

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

           Visit your group "hreg" on the web.

          Nan Hildreth, Houston
          713-842-6643   NanHildreth@...
          713-443-3104 cell
          3939 Luca St.
          Houston, Tx 77021

        • Anne Kelly
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 31, 2006
            Jay - Sorry, I didn't even think about kids. My 14
            year old experienced babysitter daughter will be happy
            to entertain a few kids in the bedroom while we watch
            the movies. One movie is 30 minutes, one is 11
            minutes. Discussion is as long as we'd like. Hope
            you can make it.

            Anne

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Mike and Samantha Coley
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 31, 2006

              --- jmattern <jmattern@...> wrote:

              > I assume this is not toddler friendly event? How
              > long are the movies? Are
              > they available to rent/ borrow?
              > Thank you.
              > Jay Mattern

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Anne Kelly
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 31, 2006
                Mike, I really am not sure who or how many will be
                coming, so please come and we will make room. It's
                the first movie night..I'd love to borrow the PeakOil
                movie. Maybe we can have this event monthly, if
                there's interest.

                Anne

                --- jmattern <jmattern@...> wrote:

                > I assume this is not toddler friendly event? How
                > long are the movies? Are
                > they available to rent/ borrow?
                > Thank you.
                > Jay Mattern