Re: opportunities

  • Bashir Syed
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2006
      Since I deal mostly with Research and Development type of activities, I will forward this note to Mr. Mukhtar, President of our company to respond. We do not have any program in US dealing with school, but we do spread the Renewable Energy Gospel in schools and College when our company folks travel abroad and perform this voluntary task in order to multiply the knowledge in this area. I propose that HREG ought to consider this awareness through National Engineers Week or by encouraging students to think about Renewable Energy or Solar Energy projects for Science Fairs which can increase public awareness beyond current limited information that Solar Energy is EXPENSIVE, an incorrect perception when one compares it with the ever increasing cost of electricity and natural gas with RE over long term periods. It's estimated that the payback period is about six to seven years, and beyond that for Silicon Crysrtalline technology the Sun energy is free for next 20 years other than the cost of replacing storage batteries (because everything in nature has limited life)..

      Bashir A. Syed