RE: [hreg] new pv company coming to Houston

  • Franc Cavazos
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 10, 2006
      What number can I call you at right now?

      Francisco V. Cavazos
      Assistant Principal
      Oak Creek Elementary, Spring ISD
      3975 Gladeridge
      Houston, Texas 77068-2422
      281-586-5440 Fax 281-586-5444
      fcavazos@...

      >>> evelynsardina@... 3/9/2006 12:31 PM >>>
      Does anybody know where the venue for this company will be?
      I have tried to contact them through their associate company in New
      Jersey
      but had no luck.

      Karl Rabago <krabago@...> wrote:
      Absolutely!

      Especially with the 500 MW carve out for non-wind renewables in SB20
      passed last summer.

      karl

      ---------------------------------
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 10, 2006
        I was interested to see that two of the newest billionaires on the planet
        are heavily invested in renewable energy.

        In India: "Tulsi Tanti, a former textile trader whose alternative energy
        company owns Asia's largest wind farm "

        In China: "Solar power mogul Zhengrong Shi joins the list at $2.2 billion "

        This suggests that renewable energy is making a few people "obscenely rich"
        just like oil has. Or, perhaps, that oil's high prices are letting people
        get rich with renewables. Whatever the case may be, it is nice to know that
        rich people see RE worthy of investment. It is also interesting to note
        that the billionaires in this field are in India and China, while the U.S.
        has the "old energy" companies.

        The Forbes article is summarized here:

        http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/invest/forbes/P146582.asp?GT1=7922

        Maybe Bashir is onto something.

        Robert Johnston
      • Bashir Syed
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 10, 2006
          Money makes strange bedfellows. Indians made deals with US conglomerates to supply them cheap labor without  any extra benefits (Health Insurance, pensions, etc.) and when they met at Davos, they struck other mutual interest ventures. Just look at the Carlyle group, where part of the money came from Bin Lasden family acquired by the Bush family (ceck it out from a book "Forbidden Truth" by two French Journalists which is banned in Saudi Arabia, as it divulged too many of their inside secrets, as to whom is in bed with whom (and Carlyle group is mentioned on pages 202 anmd 203 in some details, which now replaces the Dubai World). People don't know how the other side of Moon looks like, and money attracts other money like a magnet. I am fully aware of the Tata's investment in Solar as this indian conglomerate is partner with BP-Solar.  Regards,

          Bashir A. Syed