Re: [hreg] Solar Energy Conferences during 2006

  • Bashir Syed
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 6, 2006
      Japan and Germany, are two sensible countries to realise it early and changing the landscape installing more Renewable Energy systems, as they have recognized the fact that Solar Energy is FREE, and makes one independent. Knowing the harmful effects of Nuclear waste and the total life of 30 years, after which a dead nuclear reactor is like a grave-yard with fence. Late Bob Hope made the joke about the fences, "I don't know why they put the fence around a graveyard, since no one can get out and no one wants to get in."
      First the oil and gas has to be taken out of ground - a very costly affair.
      Second: these two have to be transported via pipelines (which are subject to terrorism these days). - an expensive process.
      Third: Oil has to be refined to produce gasoline - an expensive and dangerous process.
      SUN provides us energy without the above-mentioned three factors. It provides energy directly in the form of light, wind, water flow, and biomass, etc.
      People must use their intelligence and natural resources to make life easier and peaceful on this planet!
      The following is an excellent publication produced jointly by Sierra Club and UNEXCO:
      "The Timeless Energy of THE SUN for Life and Peace with Nature," compilrd by Madanjeet Singh, under World Solar Program 1996-2005, Sierra Club Books - San Francisco 1998. (A 10" x 12" art-paper hard cover with excellent color photographs from all over the world to show how Solar Energy is being used for the benefit of mankind. Here are Chapter headings covered in this 208 page book:
      * Preface by Fredrico Mayor, Director-General, UNESCO, Paris
      * Red Energy of Muscle Power
      * Black Energy of Fossil Fuels
      * Green REnergy of Biomass
      * Invisible Energy of the Wind
      * Transparent Energy of Water
      * Blue Energy of the Ocean
      * Orange Energy of the Geothermal
      * Pure Energy of the Mirrors
      * Industrial Stone Age
      * Tradtional Low Energy Architecture
      * Nimbus of Photovoltaic Energy
      * Photovoltaic Lifestyle
      * Cosmic Energy of Hydrogen
      * Solar Energy Transmission in Space
      * Culture of Heliotechnology.
      If you are not a believer in Solar Energy, this book will transform your thinking. It's so good! Highly recommended for reading so that you can utilize science for transforming Energy which surrounds us but we take it for granted and don't use it. Above all, if we can tap SUN as an energy source, it will lessen the chances of war for OIL, and give a chance to PEACE!

      Bashir A. Syed
      Vice-President, R&D
      EnerTech Enterprises, Inc.
      1120 NASA Parkway, Suite 220 W
      Houston, TX 77058

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 7, 2006
        Bashir,
        They must have run out of Free DVDs.  You have to purchase it through the bookstore.
        -Chris

        Bashir Syed <bsyed@...> wrote:
        Try the website for this DVD:

        You are right about educating masses. The situation in developing countries is equally bad. Some of them are so much under the debt of World Bank and other lenders that they are feeling the pinch. Since not many people pay taxes other than the middle class (employed by government, but others who can afford to pay off the tax collectors don't pay their due share). In order to recover those debts the lenders then twist the arms of the leaders, and they in turn keep on increasing the price of Gasoline and Gas every few weeks. They are crying out loud for relief, but again the Governments control even the interdiction of Renewable Energy in these foreign countries as well. Unless the private sector participates in this actively, the things will change slowly because of the vested interest of Fossil Fuel vendors. All of us must do our part to spread the word.
        In January of last year I took a Solar Energy Kit with me to give a talk on Solar Energy in a teacher training Center of a school in Pakistan (where more than 150 inquisitive students and their teachers very attentively watched the demonstrations to see the Solar Energy working). After my talk some students approached me to find out where they could get that kind of Kit. I donated the kit to their Science Teacher to mutiply the knowledge. We can change the world by donating such kits around the world to shools (very inexpensive) and plant the seeds in the minds of students. I bet those fertile minds will not only benefit but might even change the things in their own countries. This is a good message of PEACE better than the Peace Corps can achieve!

        Bashir A. Syed

        Is the DVD "Power of the Sun" available for viewing/reproduction and distribution to groups and media who might view it and help push the ideas. It is unlikely that one big push will help RE as much as many small pushes will help. Education of the masses is more effective than 'attempted' education of elected officials who all have their own agendas.

        Just  a thought.  Glen Grace.

      • glen grace
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 7, 2006
          Which bookstore? Thanks.

          Roxanne Boyer <chris.rox@...> wrote:
          Bashir,
          They must have run out of Free DVDs.  You have to purchase it through the bookstore.
          -Chris

        • Roxanne Boyer

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 7, 2006
              I had requested too, but got no where. Apparently it was so good that perhaps sold out like hot cakes. I will ask some of my friends at University of California about getting some copies and let you know.

              Bashir A. Syed

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 7, 2006
                Once again, the correct URL for University of California - Santa Barbara for this DVD is:

                Bashir A. Syed

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 13, 2006
                  look at all the solar conferences...wish we could go to one in italy!

                  Bashir Syed <bsyed@...> wrote:

                  Solar/Wind Energy Conferences and Exhibitions during 2006

                  27-29 April 2006: Solar Expo, Vicenza, Italy
                  www.solarexpo.com

                  8-12 May 2006, 4th World Conference on PV Conversion, Waikola, Hawaii, USA
                  www.meetingassistant.com/PVSC/worldconference.php

                  16-19 May 2006: WindEnergy 2006 - International Trade Fair, Hamburg, Germany
                  www.hamburg-messe.de/windenergy

                  24-25 May, 2006: All-Energy 2006, Aberdeen, Scotland
                  www.all-energy.co.uk

                  www.gracefair.com/reasia_home.htm

                  www.awea.org/wp06.html

                  www.euromoneyenergy.com

                  New York, USA www.euromoneyenergy.com/energy.asp

                  June 27-29, 2006
                  EuroSun 2006 Conference, Glasgow, Scotland
                  www.eurosun2005.org

                  8-13 July 2006: SOLAR 2006: Renewable Energy, Key to Climate Recovery, Dnver, CO USA
                  www.solar2006.org

                  4-8 September, 2006: 21st European PV Solar Conference and Exhibition, Dresden, Germany
                  www.photovoltaic-conference.com

                  15-20 October 2006: Solar Power 2006 USA, San Jose, CA USA.
                  www.solarpowerconference.com

                  www.enertechusa.com

                  .