Solar Energy Conferences during 2006

  • Bashir Syed
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 5, 2006

      Solar/Wind Energy Conferences and Exhibitions during 2006

      27-29 April 2006: Solar Expo, Vicenza, Italy

      8-12 May 2006, 4th World Conference on PV Conversion, Waikola, Hawaii, USA

      16-19 May 2006: WindEnergy 2006 - International Trade Fair, Hamburg, Germany

      24-25 May, 2006: All-Energy 2006, Aberdeen, Scotland

      May 29-31, 2006:
      China - 3rd Annual Asian Renewable Energy Fair & Conference(REAsia - 2006)
      Beijing, China International Exhibition Center

      June 4-7, 2006:
      Windpower 2006 Conference & Exhibitio, Pittsburgh, PA, USA

      June 21-22, 2006:
      3rd Renewable Energy Finance Forum, New York, USA

      June 22-23, 2005:
      Conference: 2nd Renewable Energy Finance Forum - Wall Street

      June 27-29, 2006
      EuroSun 2006 Conference, Glasgow, Scotland

      8-13 July 2006: SOLAR 2006: Renewable Energy, Key to Climate Recovery, Dnver, CO  USA

       4-8 September, 2006: 21st European PV Solar Conference and Exhibition, Dresden, Germany

      15-20 October 2006: Solar Power 2006 USA, San Jose, CA USA.

      Bashir A. Syed
      Vice President, R&D
      EnerTech Enterprises, Inc.
      1120 NASA Parkway, Suite 220-W
      Houston, TX 77058
      Ph. 281-333-9889/Direct 281-286-3726
      Cell: 713560-6668.
      E-mail: bsyed@...

    • William & Cynthia Stange
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 5, 2006

        Hello Bashir,
         As an avid reader of HREG and viewer of CSPAN, I still do not understand our governments inability to begin reconstruction in our country using renewables. The link posted above from the Chronicle (3/05/06) is a example of this inability to find any middle ground on an issue. It seems our first order of business is clarifying to our political leaders the immediate need to mainstream renewables into our economy. Our civilization seems to already have the technology,products,businesses and even local building code allowances for renewables. Our problem seems to be with the very governments/lobbyists that stand in our way.
        Perhaps all of us need to contact our respective leaders, local,state and Federal and demand the separation of renewable energy from the groups that stymie and drag this industry around like a ships anchor. They are the ones "doing the peoples business", they are supposed to be working for us!! Aren't they?
        I hope your business soars into the future- I hope we find a leader willing to listen to the people and find a balance.
        We all need constructive government, not a destructive one.

                                                                  Sincerely,
                                                                                 William Stange

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 5, 2006
          Dear Bill:
          Greetings! You have raised a very important point. Unfortunately we have not yet learnt from the past history of nuclear reactors which are on the front burner of the politicians in Washington, touted as the solution to curb pollution for keeping the environmentalist quiet. Trained as a nuclear physicist in fifties, when President Eisenhower touted the Atoms For Peace Program, I learnt quite early that not only this Atom can be used for PEACE but also for War. At the same time reactors have an expected life of about 30 years during which they produce so much of radioactive waste for which there is no permanent solution in sight. Also after their life expires the constant neutron bomabrdment on the internal stainless-steel heat-exchanger pipes make them brittle and irraparable. Thus I was turned off early and changed my specialty to Plasma and Solid State Physics. Also, having served as a Radiation expert for almost more than two decades, I have learnt that the invisible low-level radiation too, kills people [ Reference: Ernest J. Sternglass, "SECRET FALLOUT: Low-Level Radiation from Hiroshima to Three-Mile Island," McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, 1972. ISBN 0-07-061242-0] .
          For a long time the rate of growth of nuclear industry has been decreasing and is about 0.6 percent. The Energy lobby is pushing for more nuclear reactors because it helps the few players who are involved in this technology. If the Energy lobby promotes Renewable Technology, it dilutes the money in their tills, because if people gain independence from the ultility companies it reduces the degree of control excercized by the current Energy merchants.
          We have to launch a massive campaign for the good of mankind not for the good of a few wealthy tychoons ($32 Billion profit of Exxon-Mobil in recent quarter!) .
          For everyone's benefit, two Nobel Laureates, Walter Kohn and Alan Heeger at University of California, Santa Barbara, have produced an excellent DVD "Power of the Sun," to promote Solar/Wind energy, consisting of two parts (1) An hour of History leading to latest cutting edge PV Technologies, and (2) 20 minutes of basic scientific explantion about the conversion of light into electricity by Solar Cells. Solar Energy is the safest energy which can make people not only save money in the long run, but also cut the airpollution to decrease the EarthWarming due to Greenhouse effect.

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 5, 2006
            Is the DVD "Power of the Sun" available for viewing/reproduction and distribution to groups and media who might view it and help push the ideas. It is unlikely that one big push will help RE as much as many small pushes will help. Education of the masses is more effective than 'attempted' education of elected officials who all have their own agendas.

            Just  a thought.  Glen Grace.

          • Bashir Syed
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 5, 2006
              Try the website for this DVD:

              You are right about educating masses. The situation in developing countries is equally bad. Some of them are so much under the debt of World Bank and other lenders that they are feeling the pinch. Since not many people pay taxes other than the middle class (employed by government, but others who can afford to pay off the tax collectors don't pay their due share). In order to recover those debts the lenders then twist the arms of the leaders, and they in turn keep on increasing the price of Gasoline and Gas every few weeks. They are crying out loud for relief, but again the Governments control even the interdiction of Renewable Energy in these foreign countries as well. Unless the private sector participates in this actively, the things will change slowly because of the vested interest of Fossil Fuel vendors. All of us must do our part to spread the word.
              In January of last year I took a Solar Energy Kit with me to give a talk on Solar Energy in a teacher training Center of a school in Pakistan (where more than 150 inquisitive students and their teachers very attentively watched the demonstrations to see the Solar Energy working). After my talk some students approached me to find out where they could get that kind of Kit. I donated the kit to their Science Teacher to mutiply the knowledge. We can change the world by donating such kits around the world to shools (very inexpensive) and plant the seeds in the minds of students. I bet those fertile minds will not only benefit but might even change the things in their own countries. This is a good message of PEACE better than the Peace Corps can achieve!

              Bashir A. Syed

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 6, 2006

                I just read that the Manhattan Project from start to finish took less than 4 years.  The cost was $2 Billion ($20 Billion in 2004 dollars).

                How much easier would it be to find a non-polluting replacement for the internal combustion engine, than to harness nuclear energy?

                America, and a “coalition of the willing” could, in less than 4 years most likely, eradicate the need for foreign oil, stop polluting our air, perhaps even begin reversing global warming.

                Again, unfortunately, this puts us back to politics and money interests.

                J. Patrick Malone

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 6, 2006
                  Japan and Germany, are two sensible countries to realise it early and changing the landscape installing more Renewable Energy systems, as they have recognized the fact that Solar Energy is FREE, and makes one independent. Knowing the harmful effects of Nuclear waste and the total life of 30 years, after which a dead nuclear reactor is like a grave-yard with fence. Late Bob Hope made the joke about the fences, "I don't know why they put the fence around a graveyard, since no one can get out and no one wants to get in."
                  First the oil and gas has to be taken out of ground - a very costly affair.
                  Second: these two have to be transported via pipelines (which are subject to terrorism these days). - an expensive process.
                  Third: Oil has to be refined to produce gasoline - an expensive and dangerous process.
                  SUN provides us energy without the above-mentioned three factors. It provides energy directly in the form of light, wind, water flow, and biomass, etc.
                  People must use their intelligence and natural resources to make life easier and peaceful on this planet!
                  The following is an excellent publication produced jointly by Sierra Club and UNEXCO:
                  "The Timeless Energy of THE SUN for Life and Peace with Nature," compilrd by Madanjeet Singh, under World Solar Program 1996-2005, Sierra Club Books - San Francisco 1998. (A 10" x 12" art-paper hard cover with excellent color photographs from all over the world to show how Solar Energy is being used for the benefit of mankind. Here are Chapter headings covered in this 208 page book:
                  * Preface by Fredrico Mayor, Director-General, UNESCO, Paris
                  * Red Energy of Muscle Power
                  * Black Energy of Fossil Fuels
                  * Green REnergy of Biomass
                  * Invisible Energy of the Wind
                  * Transparent Energy of Water
                  * Blue Energy of the Ocean
                  * Orange Energy of the Geothermal
                  * Pure Energy of the Mirrors
                  * Industrial Stone Age
                  * Tradtional Low Energy Architecture
                  * Nimbus of Photovoltaic Energy
                  * Photovoltaic Lifestyle
                  * Cosmic Energy of Hydrogen
                  * Solar Energy Transmission in Space
                  * Culture of Heliotechnology.
                  If you are not a believer in Solar Energy, this book will transform your thinking. It's so good! Highly recommended for reading so that you can utilize science for transforming Energy which surrounds us but we take it for granted and don't use it. Above all, if we can tap SUN as an energy source, it will lessen the chances of war for OIL, and give a chance to PEACE!

                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 7, 2006
                          I had requested too, but got no where. Apparently it was so good that perhaps sold out like hot cakes. I will ask some of my friends at University of California about getting some copies and let you know.

                          Bashir A. Syed

                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 7, 2006
                            Once again, the correct URL for University of California - Santa Barbara for this DVD is:

                            Bashir A. Syed

                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 13, 2006
                              look at all the solar conferences...wish we could go to one in italy!

                              Bashir Syed <bsyed@...> wrote:

                              Solar/Wind Energy Conferences and Exhibitions during 2006

                              27-29 April 2006: Solar Expo, Vicenza, Italy
                              www.solarexpo.com

                              8-12 May 2006, 4th World Conference on PV Conversion, Waikola, Hawaii, USA
                              www.meetingassistant.com/PVSC/worldconference.php

                              16-19 May 2006: WindEnergy 2006 - International Trade Fair, Hamburg, Germany
                              www.hamburg-messe.de/windenergy

                              24-25 May, 2006: All-Energy 2006, Aberdeen, Scotland
                              www.all-energy.co.uk

                              www.gracefair.com/reasia_home.htm

                              www.awea.org/wp06.html

                              www.euromoneyenergy.com

                              New York, USA www.euromoneyenergy.com/energy.asp

                              June 27-29, 2006
                              EuroSun 2006 Conference, Glasgow, Scotland
                              www.eurosun2005.org

                              8-13 July 2006: SOLAR 2006: Renewable Energy, Key to Climate Recovery, Dnver, CO USA
                              www.solar2006.org

                              4-8 September, 2006: 21st European PV Solar Conference and Exhibition, Dresden, Germany
                              www.photovoltaic-conference.com

                              15-20 October 2006: Solar Power 2006 USA, San Jose, CA USA.
                              www.solarpowerconference.com

                              www.enertechusa.com

                              .