Houston leadership

  • Michael Ewert
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2006

      The Citizen’s Environment Coalition newsletter had this:

      The Mayor has called on sustainability experts at Houston Advanced Research Center (HARC) to look at weatherization of homes. The city also has added consultants to help procure renewable energy. White says he hopes to have a significant amount of the city's electricity provided through renewable sources within two years. "I personally plan to switch my home to the best green energy plan and encourage those who can afford it to do the same."

         "This is a big change in the culture of public leadership in this community," White says. "The citizens have been ahead of government and business leadership, and now we want them to catch up."

      The complete article entitled, "Houston as a Model City: Meeting the challenges of an environmental crisis," is available in full at <http://www.cleanhouston.org>.

      I hope that HREG can find ways to encourage this.