RE: [hreg] goof'n around

  • Mike Schmitt
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006

      Thanks for the information. The problem I have is that I live up near cut-N-shoot where there are a lot of high oaks and pines on my property. In the back half the trees are smaller and less dense. I need to get back there and see if the wind is easier to detect. Up by the house in the summer it is dead calm because of the trees. That is a good Idea with the bike..that one cant hurt… it can only be good.

      I was thinking of using the alternator with a scoop design like you see with the wind speed readers along highway 59, mounting it on a pole with the blade attach directly to the shaft..but that sounds not be enough.

      I wonder how much torque is lost with the addition of chains and pulleys with good bearings. Maybe a flywheel setup would eliminate some waste of momentum..just spitting out thoughts.

      Before I bought this house I lived in an apartment in League City …it was windy as hell every day. My door blew open all the time when I had the windows open. It’s a waste what the home owners association won’t let the home owners do in those new neighborhoods. I had to head to the country to spread my idea wings.

      Mike