Re: [hreg] The Future of Renewable Energy Politics

  • Jim & Janet
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 23 8:22 PM

      As for resistance from Republicans and from the enormously powerful petroleum lobby/industry in Washington. it's refreshing to hear you acknowledge what we RE advocates have known for the last half century.
      As for the Bush administration ... taking the lead on renewable energy policy and strategy ? You must be joking. Bush, has done nothing but smile for photo ops with renewable energy leaders. His 2005 energy bill shows where his loyalties are.
      It appaers that the Presidents actions speak so loudly that we cannot hear what he is saying.
      As for "across party lines", America doesn't need a third party, it needs a second party.
      Jim Duncan
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 26 7:49 PM

        I have resisted joining this lively and lengthy discussion so far, but now I’d like to make a few points:

        1) I get nervous every time you guys start getting political, but I’m glad to see that people have been fairly respectful and it seems that most are enjoying the thread.  I don’t think anyone has crossed the line, which would be bashing a particular party, candidate or especially a fellow HREG member.

        2) Will, I hope you have gathered from the couple of months you have been a member that HREG is not just ‘Greens’.  We are Democrats, Republicans, Green Party, Independents and maybe others.  That is a testimony that renewable energy makes sense to people with many different ideologies.

        but only members can send messages.

        4) Thanks in part to this thread, we had more messages this month than any other in our 6 year history.  During the previous high month we had people dropping off due to the volume of messages.  Fortunately, I have not noted that this time, but nevertheless, let’s choose our words carefully and make them useful.

        Thank you,

        Mike