new pv company coming to Houston

  • refuge@wt.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 9, 2006
      I saw this online it's good news...

      American Photovoltaics, LP , a solar energy company, has just announced that
      it is going to develop a big plant in Houston to manufacture and market thin-
      film photovoltaic (PV) modules for the growing international PV marketplace.
      The company was formed December, 2005 in Houston, Texas.

      The Partnership is planning to build a world-class thin-film solar module
      manufacturing facility in the greater Houston, Texas area.

      My understanding is that "thin film" is see through film that you can put on
      your windows (or Transco can put outside its windows, you get the idea) that
      then generates electricity. cool technology, and we're going to make it.

      what do the members of this group think of this technology? I think it would
      have a lot of potential in many areas... especially for all the office
      buildings in Houston and all major cities
    • Karl Rabago
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 9, 2006
        That is not exactly what "thin film" is all about.

        karl

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 9, 2006
          Karl,

          thanks for the info... it still is a welcome addition to Houston...

        • Karl Rabago
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 9, 2006
            Absolutely!

            Especially with the 500 MW carve out for non-wind renewables in SB20 passed last summer.

            href="http://www.nrel.gov/ncpv/thinfilms.html">http://www.nrel.gov/ncpv/thinfilms.html

            > karl

            > ________________________________

            coming to Houston

            > I saw this online it's good
            news...

            > American Photovoltaics, LP , a solar energy company,
            has just announced
            > that
            > it is going to develop a big plant in
            Houston to manufacture and market
            > thin-
            > film photovoltaic (PV)
            modules for the growing international PV
            > marketplace.
            > The
            company was formed December, 2005 in Houston, Texas.

            > The
            Partnership is planning to build a world-class thin-film solar
            > module
            > manufacturing facility in the greater Houston, Texas area.
            >
            > My understanding is that "thin film" is see through film that you
            can
            > put on
            > your windows (or Transco can put outside its
            windows, you get the idea)
            > that
            > then generates electricity.
            cool technology, and we're going to make it.

            what do the members of this group think of this technology? I think it

            would
            > have a lot of potential in many areas... especially for all the
            office
            > buildings in Houston and all major cities

            > Houston texas
            attorney
            href="http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Houston+texas+attorney&w1=Houston+t">http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Houston+texas+attorney&w1=Houston+t

            href="http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Houston+texas+bankruptcy+lawyer&w1=">http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Houston+texas+bankruptcy+lawyer&w1=

            href="http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Houston+texas+mover&w1=Houston+texa">http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Houston+texas+mover&w1=Houston+texa

            href="http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Houston+texas+swimming+pool+builder">http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Houston+texas+swimming+pool+builder

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            > ________________________________

          • evelyn sardina
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 9, 2006
              Does anybody know where the venue for this company will be?
              I have tried to contact them through their associate company in New Jersey
              but had no luck.

            • Franc Cavazos
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 10, 2006
                What number can I call you at right now?

                Francisco V. Cavazos
                Assistant Principal
                Oak Creek Elementary, Spring ISD
                3975 Gladeridge
                Houston, Texas 77068-2422
                281-586-5440 Fax 281-586-5444
                fcavazos@...

                >>> evelynsardina@... 3/9/2006 12:31 PM >>>

                ---------------------------------
                thanks for the info... it still is a welcome addition to Houston...

                Quoting Karl Rabago <krabago@...>:

                > That is not exactly what "thin film" is all about.
                >
                > Here is a good reference http://www.nrel.gov/ncpv/thinfilms.html
                >
                > karl

                > ________________________________

                Houston texas attorney Houston texas bankruptcy lawyer
                Houston texas web site design Houston texas mover Houston texas
                swimming pool builder Houston texas apartment

                Service.

                ---------------------------------

                ---------------------------------
              • Robert Johnston
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 10, 2006
                  I was interested to see that two of the newest billionaires on the planet
                  are heavily invested in renewable energy.

                  In India: "Tulsi Tanti, a former textile trader whose alternative energy
                  company owns Asia's largest wind farm "

                  In China: "Solar power mogul Zhengrong Shi joins the list at $2.2 billion "

                  This suggests that renewable energy is making a few people "obscenely rich"
                  just like oil has. Or, perhaps, that oil's high prices are letting people
                  get rich with renewables. Whatever the case may be, it is nice to know that
                  rich people see RE worthy of investment. It is also interesting to note
                  that the billionaires in this field are in India and China, while the U.S.
                  has the "old energy" companies.

                  The Forbes article is summarized here:

                  http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/invest/forbes/P146582.asp?GT1=7922

                  Maybe Bashir is onto something.

                  Robert Johnston
                • Bashir Syed
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 10, 2006
                    Money makes strange bedfellows. Indians made deals with US conglomerates to supply them cheap labor without  any extra benefits (Health Insurance, pensions, etc.) and when they met at Davos, they struck other mutual interest ventures. Just look at the Carlyle group, where part of the money came from Bin Lasden family acquired by the Bush family (ceck it out from a book "Forbidden Truth" by two French Journalists which is banned in Saudi Arabia, as it divulged too many of their inside secrets, as to whom is in bed with whom (and Carlyle group is mentioned on pages 202 anmd 203 in some details, which now replaces the Dubai World). People don't know how the other side of Moon looks like, and money attracts other money like a magnet. I am fully aware of the Tata's investment in Solar as this indian conglomerate is partner with BP-Solar.  Regards,

                    Bashir A. Syed