Re: [hreg] Soffit Vents AND Fans????? - and MORE

  • Bashir Syed
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2006
      No doubt about what you say, as I learnt from the Inter-Solar Conference/Exhibition, held at Freiburg, Germany last June, 2005. But as the saying goes, "necessity is the mother of invention," and scientists just don't stay put or become complacent when such events occur. Of course the scarcity of Silicon is causing Module shortage and price hikes, yet there is light at the end of the tunnel. The alternate PV technologies are evolving, such as Copper-Indium-diSelenide, Conducting Polymer PV Solar completely flexible materials, Dye PV materials, and Quantum Dots technology, etc. Thin Film technology and the Sliver Cells from Australia made headlines at the Paris Solar Energy Conference in 2004. The three Nobel Laureates, Alan Heeger, Walter Kohn, and Richard Smalley are devoting a great deal of time to push the envelope for Polymer Solar Cells, which hold a great promise to meet the Silicon Shortage causing serious supply and demand issue till mid 2007. We are setting up a PV Assembly plant overseas, and had a hard time to negotiate the avaialbility of Silicon Solar Cells, and got a small consignment from one the largest manufacturer in Germany for the time being.
      Another factor creating a bottleneck for the shortage and price hikes is the fact that giants, like SHELL, BP, and General Electric foreseeing coming energy crisis put their eggs in the Renewable Energy Basket to buy out most (almost 85% of the companies dealing with Solar PV equipment, to line themselves up before the Oil/Gas shortages hit the world to control and dictate prices in the future. But the reality is that there is a great future for the Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation technologies business for sustainable existence.

      Bashir A. Syed
      Houston, TX