federal credits for solar power in Houston?

  • John and Mia
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2006
      hello all,
          another project I would love to undertake when it's feasible is to put a PV solar system on my roof as I would love to reduce my dependency to the power company and would love to get checks from them for adding power to the grid from a solar system on my roof as so much energy is wasted just beating down on my roof and heating the attic... I applaud the progress Austin and other cities have made in having a "net grid" system but when is Houston and Katy going to get on the ball? I know these systems are pricey but there are federal credits to offset some of the costs but I think it would be difficult to use this type of system without a net grid as I don't think the PV solar capacity is there yet to fully power a home with our hot humid summers where using the a/c is a must... I've contacted CenterPoint about this but they didn't have any definite answers... does anyone here know anymore as to when we can have the best of both worlds in having both a PV system and still being attached to the grid for days when it's needed? thanks, John