Meeting Sunday!

  • Michael Ewert
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 25, 2006

      Here is the meeting notice in pdf format.  Please pass it along to your friends and offer them a ride.

      See you there!

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 26, 2006
        I am planning on going to the meeting Sunday for the first time and
        wanted to find out if anyone from Tomball or surrounding area is going
        and wants to carpool. If so I can be reached at 832-594-5658 or email
        bpasemann@....

        thanx
        brady

        --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Ewert" <mewert@h...> wrote:

        > Here is the meeting notice in pdf format. Please pass it along to your
        > friends and offer them a ride.
        > See you there!

      • Michael Ewert
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 30, 2006

          Great meeting yesterday!  We had 25 attend and about 20 were newcomers.  Karl Rabago gave an inspiring talk and we outlined our plan for the year.  The current officers were reconfirmed to serve another year.

          One thing I forgot though. I meant to issue a challenge to the group.  Who will be the first to install a solar system this year and take advantage of the federal tax credit?  We will come up with some sort of prize or recognition for that person.  So, let the race begin and tell us all about it.

          Mike

          Here is the meeting notice in pdf format.  Please pass it along to your friends and offer them a ride.

          See you there!

          I am very happy to report that we have confirmed an excellent speaker for our January 29th HREG meeting!  His outstanding credentials and all the meeting details are found on the attached flyer.  Feel free to print and post it.  Please let me know at mewert@... if you cannot read this MS Word file.  I look forward to seeing all of you at the meeting.

        • JOHN GARDNER
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 30, 2006
            I added (2) Kyosera 170 panels to my existing system last weekend. I  now have over 1KW of PV plus teh 1 KW wind Turbine.
            John Gardner

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 30, 2006

              That was quick.  If your new panels qualified for the tax credit, I guess you are the winner.

              John already deserves a lot of credit for installing his system before the tax credit!

              OK, we’ll recognize the second person too.  Just give me a little time to figure out how.  J

              Here is the meeting notice in pdf format.  Please pass it along to your friends and offer them a ride.

              See you there!

              I am very happy to report that we have confirmed an excellent speaker for our January 29th HREG meeting!  His outstanding credentials and all the meeting details are found on the attached flyer.  Feel free to print and post it.  Please let me know at mewert@... if you cannot read this MS Word file.  I look forward to seeing all of you at the meeting.

            • Bashir Syed
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2006

                Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 10:15 PM

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 1, 2006
                  Hey all, I am sorry to have missed the meeting Sunday but did send some new people there.  We have been very busy quoting grid-tie systems in Houston as well as solar hot water systems.  Several in the planning stages.

                  We have a grid-tie system going in this spring in Dairy Ashford area off of 1-10 and the customer is an Oil company researcher.

                  will advise on details later and they are open to tours.

                  lots of interest in solar and solar hot water heaters as well.

                  regards

                  John Miggins
                  Harvest Solar & Wind Power
                  "renewable solutions to everyday needs"
                  www.harvest-energy.com
                  Phone/Fax 918-743-2299

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 2, 2006
                    John:
                    Hi! I was in Pakistan for a month, and watched similar program on CNN-TV one day in early January, where they showed DURST (Spellings?) Building in Manhattan, NY whose facade was covered by Solar Panels, which had begun to save the building residents almost 75% of their regular utility bills, and they were showing other places too having Grid-Tied PV Systems , with savings ranging from  30% to 75%.
                    While I was away negotiating similar projects (PV, Wind. and Microhydro) overseas, I received a DVD narrated by John Cleese of BBC Comedy Series fame, and two prominent Nobel Lauraeates titled "The Power of The Sun," an excellent source to propagate the Solar Gospel, because that is the only viable future for Sustainable Living on this planet, and to overcome the price gouging by the OIL/GAS industry all over the world.
                    People in poor or developing countries have no choice but to go PV-Way, even for poverty alleviation!

                    Bashir A. Syed
                    Vice President, R&D
                    EnerTech Enterprises, Inc.
                    1120 NASA Parkway, Site 220W