HREG Meeting Jan 29th

  • Roxanne Boyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2006
      Our first HREG meeting for 2006 will be Sunday, January 29th, from 2 to 4 pm at Texas Southern University (TSU).  Mark your calendars now and more information about the meeting will follow soon.

      Our schedule for the Quarterly meetings is as follows. Each meeting will have a speaker theme, selected based on the responses we received about what goals HREG should set this year (Thank you to all who responded).  Each meeting will also have a business part to plan upcoming events.

      -January 29th, HREG Quarterly meeting
          Speaker Theme: Why RE is important
          Business: Planning for the year & Officer Elections
      -April 30th, HREG Quarterly meeting
          Speaker Theme: What RE is available to you now
          Business: Planning for Earth Days
      -July 20th, HREG Quarterly meeting
          Speaker Theme: What RE technology is coming soon - high tech
          Business: Planning for Solar Tour
      -October 29th, HREG Quarterly meeting
          Speaker Theme: RE Policy - personal incentives and what to tell your congressmen
          Business: Political Action Committee
      Note: "RE" stands for Renewable Energy

      Other major events for the year include:
      -Year Round, RE Education for Schools
      -Year Round, HREG Presentations to Organizations
      -May-June, Earth Day Booths
      -Early October, National Solar Tour
      -November, RE Education for Government Officials (letters sponsered by HREG).

      We'll describe more of these events in this month's meeting.  We need leaders and organizers for each of our events.  Come get involved in the energy solution!

      Thanks,
      Chris Boyer
      HREG Vice-President