Info. of interest from WISE

  • Becky Merritt
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2000
      I am a member of HREG, and also a member of Women in Solar Energy (WISE). This tidbit came to me today from WISE, and I thought I would pass it along.

      One of Steven Strong's associates, George Ingham, Executive Director of
      the National Photovoltaic Construction Standards & Certification
      Partnership (NPCSCP) has written "A Power for the World - Solar
      Photovoltaic Revolution' and it is a very good reference book presently
      being used by the IBEW for training journeymen electricians in
      photovoltaics. George 's book is available in the US from the NJATC in
      Upper Marlboro, MD. Try A.J.. Pearson at ajp@.... George
      published the book , then worked with the IBEW in 1998 and 1999,
      installing PV on union halls throughout the US and Canada after training
      the electricians at the locals installing the PV. His course project was
      called Sunology. George is considered by many in the electrical
      contracting industry to be the person most knowledgeable and most
      qualified to promote PV in North America using North American product.