RE: [hreg] Thank you everyone. Re: Indoor Air Problems

  • Robert Johnston
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2005

      We remodeled our older home a couple years ago and afterwards, had the ducts cleaned.  At the same time we paid extra to the duct cleaning company to do an airflow analysis.  They brought in sensors, and tested the whole duct system for leaks.  If you have leaks in the ducts, that will suck in air and dust from the attic and then circulate that through the house and eventually back into the coils.  We had a rather dusty house.  They found and fixed some duct leaks.  They also said, however, that older homes like ours don’t have the sill plates sealed with caulk or foam like new ones apparently do, and that this allows more dust infiltration into the house.

      Robert Johnston