Indoor air problems

  • J. P. Malone
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 7, 2005

      This is probably a little off topic but we need some help.

      Can anyone recommend ways to test air quality within a home.  Or perhaps for mold.

      Or remedies that boost the immune system.  Sources of information.

      My two grandchildren are experiencing an inordinate amount of colds, fever, etc.

      Their teacher says they are ill more often than any children she has ever taught.

      We are having the air ducts cleaned, new air filters installed & changed regularly.  They eat only organic foods.

      J. Patrick Malone

    • Robert Johnston
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 7, 2005

        Definitely off-topic answer, but our kids and several kids of friends who had colds, ear infections, etc., responded extremely well to removal of milk and dairy from their diet.  Give it a 45 day trial.

        Robert

        This is probably a little off topic but we need some help.

        Can anyone recommend ways to test air quality within a home.  Or perhaps for mold.

        Or remedies that boost the immune system.  Sources of information.

        My two grandchildren are experiencing an inordinate amount of colds, fever, etc.

        Their teacher says they are ill more often than any children she has ever taught.

        We are having the air ducts cleaned, new air filters installed & changed regularly.  They eat only organic foods.

        J. Patrick Malone

      • Naturallighting.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 7, 2005
          Re: [hreg] Indoor air problems
          We have ultraviolet (UVC) air purifiers which are installed on  the supply side of coil, kills all bacteria, viruses, mold, etc. on coil and purifiers air.  Very effective, no longer have to chemical clean coil.  We also have portable units.

          http://www.naturallighting.com/store_front.cfm?&parent_id=32
          http://www.naturallighting.com/store_front.cfm?&parent_id=34

          Larry Weber

          On 12/7/05 12:13 PM, "J. P. Malone" <JPMALONE@...> wrote:

          This is probably a little off topic but we need some help.

          Can anyone recommend ways to test air quality within a home.  Or perhaps for mold.
          Or remedies that boost the immune system.  Sources of information.

          My two grandchildren are experiencing an inordinate amount of colds, fever, etc.
          Their teacher says they are ill more often than any children she has ever taught.

          We are having the air ducts cleaned, new air filters installed & changed regularly.  They eat only organic foods.

          J. Patrick Malone

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Naturallighting.com
          1939 Richvale
          Houston, Texas  77062

          Toll Free  1.888.900.6830
          FAX        281.488.0823

          email:  larry@...
          http://www.naturallighting.com

        • Garth & Kim Travis
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 8, 2005
            Greetings,

            Another option is to remove pasteurized/homogenized milk.  Raw milk is legal in Texas.  www.sandcreekfarm.net is where I get mine.  I do use kefir as well, but both angles of attack undo the damage of dairy and let you keep the goodness of it.
            Bright Blessings,
            Kim

            At 06:26 PM 12/7/2005, you wrote:
            Definitely off-topic answer, but our kids and several kids of friends who had colds, ear infections, etc., responded extremely well to removal of milk and dairy from their diet.  Give it a 45 day trial.

            Robert

            This is probably a little off topic but we need some help.

            Can anyone recommend ways to test air quality within a home.  Or perhaps for mold.
            Or remedies that boost the immune system.  Sources of information.

            My two grandchildren are experiencing an inordinate amount of colds, fever, etc.
            Their teacher says they are ill more often than any children she has ever taught.

            We are having the air ducts cleaned, new air filters installed & changed regularly.  They eat only organic foods.

            J. Patrick Malone

            Houston texas attorney Houston texas bankruptcy lawyer Houston texas web site design
            Houston texas mover Houston texas swimming pool builder Houston texas apartment

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          • Paul Archer
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 8, 2005
              Not attempting to stir up controversy here, but what's wrong with
              pasteurization and homogenization?

              Paul

              7:36am, Garth & Kim Travis wrote:

              > Greetings,
              >
              > Another option is to remove pasteurized/homogenized milk. Raw milk is legal
              > in Texas. www.sandcreekfarm.net is where I get mine. I do use kefir as
              > well, but both angles of attack undo the damage of dairy and let you keep the
              > goodness of it.
              > Bright Blessings,
              > Kim
              >
              > At 06:26 PM 12/7/2005, you wrote:
              >> Definitely off-topic answer, but our kids and several kids of friends who
              >> had colds, ear infections, etc., responded extremely well to removal of
              >> milk and dairy from their diet. Give it a 45 day trial.
              >>
              >> Robert
              >>

              >> ----------

              "My parents just came back from a planet where the dominant lifeform
              had no bilateral symmetry, and all I got was this stupid F-Shirt."
            • Garth & Kim Travis
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 8, 2005
                Greetings,
                The same thing that is wrong with all cooked proteins, they are hard to
                digest. Mother Nature created our foods and designed our bodies, if we
                stay with what she designed, we stay much healthier.

                If you think pasteurization is necessary, please read the story of milk. I
                don't own it, so I can't give the author, but any Weston Price web site
                will have a reference to it.

                Bright Blessings,
                Kim

              • Lunce
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 14, 2005
                  Dear JP:

                  Pardon the delay in response. There are engineers who provide IAQ
                  (indoor air quality) professional services. If you google "IAQ" you
                  will find a list of sites to read up regarding indoor air quality. And
                  once in a while one can find gold in all the mass of information. One
                  place to obtain indoor air quality test kits is
                  http://www.professionalequipment.com/xq/ASP/Indoor-Air-Quality-Test/id.6/subID.330/qx/default.htm.
                  I have not personally used any of the products listed, so not sure how
                  accurate these are or what the learning curve is for the layperson to
                  use these kits (but then I am always of the opinion that you can learn
                  anything you set your mind to) They have an 800 number and might be
                  worth a call.

                  Cheers,
                  Lunce