JOB POSTING: Exec. Dir. for Texas Solar Energy Society
- Due to the current Executive Director's moving out of state at the end of December, the Texas Solar Energy Society is seeking a new E.D. Interested parties should review the following information (also attached) and respond electronically. Please be aware of the ideal aggressive schedule for hiring. And please distribute this announcement widely. Thank you.
Executive Directory Primary Responsibilities
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the organizations consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The mission of the Texas Solar Energy Society is to increase the awareness of the potential of solar and other renewable energy applications and to promote the wise use of these sustainable and non-polluting resources.
In program development and administration, the ED will:
- Assure that TXSES has a long-range strategy that achieves its mission, and makes progress in implementing the strategic plan on a timely basis.
- Engage Board, staff, and volunteers in implementing the plan as appropriate.
- Provide leadership in developing program, operational, and financial plans with the Board of Directors, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments, trends, policies and legislation in the renewable energy industry.
- Maintain a working relationship with the American Solar Energy Society.
In relations with the Board, the ED will:
- See that the Board is kept fully informed about the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
- Support the Board in Board development and a Board succession plan.
- Support the Board in strategic planning and fulfillment of the plan.
In communications, the ED will:
- Publicize TXSES activities, programs, and goals.
- Conduct effective outreach and build sound relationships with other key stakeholders.
- Represent, via public speaking and persuasive writing, TXSES programs and mission to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
In relations with staff and volunteers, the ED will:
- Be responsible for recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
- Provide for succession of staff and volunteers.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
In budget and finance, the ED will:
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit TXSES to carry out its work, via membership, Earth Share of Texas, fundraising events and effective grant seeking.
- Work with the Board Treasurer in preparing a budget and see that TXSES operates within budget guidelines.
- Keep accurate books, pay all bills, invoice all AR, and manage all grant funding.
- Strong outreach and community-building skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Track record of successful fundraising and proven ability to develop projects and organizational budgets and to oversee financial details; experience with Quick Books
- Strong organizational and program management skills, including large event organization
- Demonstrated leadership as a manager of a complex organization (preferably non-profit)
- Experienced and competent in use of Microsoft Office package of software, including Access for database management
- Knowledge of environmental issues and a commitment to their resolution, with particular commitment to renewable energy
- Experience in Board relations and development
- Powerful ability and desire to multi-task, be detail oriented, to take initiative, to work independently and as part of a team; self-motivated, disciplined w/o supervision
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, sense of humor, humility, good judgment and integrity
- Can provide office and storage space to work from (currently home office/garage) in or near Austin
Please note: position is contract labor, with compensation in the $28,500 36,000 range, depending upon qualifications and experience. Additional funding opportunities may be created, with Board approval, such as management of proposed events or successful grant awards.
Interested parties should electronically submit a resume and cover letter to the selection committee at donna@....
Application deadline: December 13, 2005. Interviews will be held starting December 14, 2005. Position to be filled ideally by Dec. 20, 2005, subject to availability.