Booth @ NASA

  • Ewert, Mike
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 14, 2000
      On Wednesday October 18th NASA Johnson Space Center will have its annual
      Safety & Total Health Day for its 16,000 government and contractor employees
      in Clear Lake. This year they are allowing environmental groups to exhibit
      as well, so I have entered HREG.

      We will staff an outdoor booth (which is provided) from 10am - 4pm. I would
      like to know if anyone can help me staff the booth and/or provide some
      display items. I have several gadgets and a stack of fact sheets from
      Infinite Power and I will get the HREG banner from Jonathan, but your
      contributions would be appreciated. This is a good chance to get the word
      out to a crowd that is most likely to invest in technology.

      If you are willing and able to help for a couple of hours on Wednesday,
      please call me at (281)326-1853 (evening & weekend) or (281)483-9134
      (weekday). I will need to give you instructions on how to get into NASA on
      that day.

      Thanks,
      Mike Ewert
      Education Outreach Coordinator

      P.S. We are also doing our annual solar model car project with 5th graders
      starting this week.
    • Becky Merritt
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 16, 2000
        Mike,

        I would like to help man the booth at NASA on Saturday if I can. I am working in the morning, but I _think_ I'll be finished in the afternoon. Put me down as a definite maybe for 2 -4 in the afternoon. I wish I could be more definite, but I have student auditions on Saturday, and we never know how long they will last, and my mother-in-law is in the hospital right now, so I'll be there if I can, I just can't make promises at this point. I do want to be more involved in HREG.

        Becky Merritt
      • Dan from Texas
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 16, 2000
          I thought this event was on a Wednesday. Please confirm if it is Saturday
          or Wednesday. Thanks
          Dan Stuettgen

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 16, 2000
            Mike,

            Oops. The booth is Wednesday, isn't it? Well, I usually work from 7 - 5 monday through Friday, but I could take some time out of my work day to man the booth. 10 - 12 would work well for me. Let me know if you need me.

            Becky Merritt