FW: [AustinEcoNetwork]Solar Austin Kickoff Party for the Energy Freedom Challenge

  • Steve Stelzer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2005

      From: AustinEcoNetwork [mailto:AEN@...]On Behalf Of Brandi Clark
      Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:54 AM
      To: 'AustinEcoNetwork'
      Subject: [AustinEcoNetwork]Solar Austin Kickoff Party for the Energy Freedom Challenge

      From: Lara Valentine [mailto:lvalentine@...]

      Solar Austin Kickoff Party for the Energy Freedom Challenge
      Wednesday, November 30
      5:30 - 7:30 PM
      Scholz Garden , 1607 San Jacinto

      Music provided by Dualtone recording artist, Austin singer/songwriter Darden Smith

      Tickets: $25, however all are welcome. Purchase tickets online at
      http://www.solaraustin.org/donate.html

      About the Event
      In October, Solar Austin and the Union of Concerned Scientists launched The Energy Freedom Challenge:
      America 's Race to  Independence Through Renewable Energy, an exciting new initiative that challenges
      cities around the country to a race to become the first city in the United Sates to get over 50% of their  energy from renewable resources like solar, wind
      or bioenergy.

      Solar Austin is now launching a local campaign to ensure that Austin will continue to be a renewable
      energy leader and win the challenge. Our campaign will include public education, building local partnerships,
      and working to increase the market demand for renewable energy.

      We need your help to make this campaign a reality and secure Austin ’s place as a leader in the Energy
      Freedom Challenge.

      Donate online at
      http://www.solaraustin.org or by mailing your check made payable to Solar Austin to:

      Solar Austin
      1002 West Ave., Suite 300
      Austin , TX 78701

      For more information, contact Elliott at 482-8855 or visit
      http://www.solaraustin.org.