Re: [hreg] Houston Renewable Energy Tour a recommendation and a question ..

  • JOHN GARDNER
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 2005
      Amr,
      In our case we plan to continue to expand our system as money and time permits. Therefore we will probably continue to invest in our Solar System for many years to come.
      I do not know how to calculate a life-time cost-benefit analysis for a project such as this.

      I will add here that the beenfit to us is knowing we are doing everything we can to protect the environment, further the education and use of renewable energy and save money on our electric bills.

      Sometimes you cannot put a price on what you do - especially if it make you feel good and you feel it is important.

      Thanks for coming to see our house.
      John Gardner

      Amr Bagneid <amr_bagneid@...> wrote:

      Howdy,

      1- Recommendation:

      We were a group from Texas A&M University who joined the Houston Renewable Energy Tour that was announced to take place last weekend on October 30th between 1-5pm.  We arrived at the first house [Animal Farm] around 1 pm and left the second house [Carrier Residence] about 5 pm.   Then we went to visit a third house [Gardner & McPhail Residence], which we knew that it had extended hours until 7 pm for a solar fair.

      The time did not allow us to visit all the 5 listed houses due to the distance between them.  It would be recommended for the next tour to allow for more visiting time [e.g. 9 am – 6 pm].

      2- Question:

      I listened to home owners about the savings on their energy bills.  I am very interested to know if any of them had calculated a life-time cost-benefit analysis, and if so I would appreciate sharing it.

      Thank you,

      Amr Bagneid

      http://archone.tamu.edu/college/news/newsletters/winter2004/CourtyardResearch.html