Roundup Report

  • Jonathan Clemens
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2000
      HREG,

      I wanted you all to know that the Roundup (Renewable Energy Green Living and Sustainability Fair) in Fredericksburg, TX last weekend was unquestionably a great success.  With a good showing of exhibitors, speakers, fairgoers, and friendly weather, the three day fair was abuzz with discussions, ideas, workshops, demonstrations, and fun.

      As previously noted, we plan to highlight the Roundup in our next (Fall) issue of the "Houston RE News" letter.  I am hereby soliciting your inputs - stories, pictures, facts, observations, and so on - relating to Roundup.  I am aiming for a release in two weeks.  I will print up color versions, but I am mainly planning on distribution of an acrobat version via e-mail.  Have pictures?  Scan and send them to me (jclemens@...).

      Kudos to Russel Smith (TREIA), Kathryn Houser and Robert Foster (TxSES), their organizations, other planners, trail bosses, and numerous volunteers for making the Roundup happen.  The Roundup T-Shirts and bandanas provided the volunteers made a real impression about the cohesiveness and professionalism of the volunteers.

      Though there are many exhibits to talk about, I will mention that the HREG and REEP Academy displays showed well.  HREG obtained names of several potential new members and those interested in learning more about us.  So, I feel that now HREG can begin its public outreach in full earnest.

      Please, if you have photos and stories about Roundup, send them to me.  Look out for public outreach opportunities in the Houston area.  Thanks.

      Jonathan A. Clemens

      p.s.  FYI, I will send out the charts I presented about the Economics of Renewable Energy in a separate message.
    • Marjorie N Wood
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2000
        Jonathan and Diane, y'all are such go-getters. Thanks for helping stir up
        energy among renewable energy folks.
        Best, Marge Wood