Re: [hreg] energy conservation

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2005
      I think the new federal tax CREDIT starting January of 10% up to $300
      of the cost of insulation, etc includes
      windows. http://www.fsec.ucf.edu/EPAct-05.htm#existing

      Is there more bang for the buck to put storm windows over existing windows?

      At 08:27 AM 11/2/2005, William wrote:
      >Hello all,
      > Does anyone know if there are any incentives in Houston
      >or the state of Texas for changing-out windows (residential) to "low-
      >e" insulative type? Whether rebates, tax incentives or low cost loans?
      >Winter is upon us already and with Nat. gas prices looming, electrical
      >prices zooming we need to change these holes in the walls called
      >windows. Any info. on this topic is truly appreciated!
      >On another note the rain we received the other day quickly replaced
      >the 400-500-gallon rain catchment barrels at our Home rather quickly-
      >yahoo!!
      > Thanks for your postings, Bill Stange
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      Nan Hildreth, Houston
      713-842-6643 NanHildreth@...
      713-443-3104 cell
      3939 Luca St.
      Houston, Tx 77021
    • raarscott@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2005
        Check out CenterPoint's incentives for energy effciency projects. The link is below.

        CenterPoint Energy Residential and Small Commercial Standard Offer Program

        http://www.centerpointressop.com/customer.shtml

        --Rahsaan

        Nan Hildreth <nanhildreth@...> wrote:

        >I think the new federal tax CREDIT starting January of 10% up to $300
        >of the cost of insulation, etc includes
        >windows.    http://www.fsec.ucf.edu/EPAct-05.htm#existing
        >
        >Is there more bang for the buck to put storm windows over existing windows?
        >
        >At 08:27 AM 11/2/2005, William wrote:
        >>Hello all,
        >>               Does anyone know if there are any incentives in Houston
        >>or the state of Texas for changing-out windows (residential) to "low-
        >>e" insulative type? Whether rebates, tax incentives or low cost loans?
        >>Winter is upon us already and with Nat. gas prices looming, electrical
        >>prices zooming we need to change these holes in the walls called
        >>windows. Any info. on this topic is truly appreciated!
        >>On another note the rain we received the other day quickly replaced
        >>the 400-500-gallon rain catchment barrels at our Home rather quickly-
        >>yahoo!!
        >>                   Thanks for your postings, Bill Stange
        >>

        >>Yahoo! Groups Links
        >>

        >Nan Hildreth, Houston
        >713-842-6643   NanHildreth@...
        >713-443-3104 cell
        >3939 Luca St.
        >Houston, Tx 77021

        Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

        Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

      • JR Batek
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2005
          Has anyone participated in the program from
          CenterPoint listed in the email below? It sounds like
          the contractor is the one getting paid, so do I have
          to negotiate that rebate from the contractor? How
          much is the typical amount of the rebate?

          Thanks.

          http://mail.yahoo.com