energy conservation

  • William
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hello all,
      Does anyone know if there are any incentives in Houston
      or the state of Texas for changing-out windows (residential) to "low-
      e" insulative type? Whether rebates, tax incentives or low cost loans?
      Winter is upon us already and with Nat. gas prices looming, electrical
      prices zooming we need to change these holes in the walls called
      windows. Any info. on this topic is truly appreciated!
      On another note the rain we received the other day quickly replaced
      the 400-500-gallon rain catchment barrels at our Home rather quickly-
      yahoo!!
      Thanks for your postings, Bill Stange
    • Nan Hildreth
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2005
        I think the new federal tax CREDIT starting January of 10% up to $300
        of the cost of insulation, etc includes
        windows. http://www.fsec.ucf.edu/EPAct-05.htm#existing

        Is there more bang for the buck to put storm windows over existing windows?

        At 08:27 AM 11/2/2005, William wrote:
        >Hello all,
        > Does anyone know if there are any incentives in Houston
        >or the state of Texas for changing-out windows (residential) to "low-
        >e" insulative type? Whether rebates, tax incentives or low cost loans?
        >Winter is upon us already and with Nat. gas prices looming, electrical
        >prices zooming we need to change these holes in the walls called
        >windows. Any info. on this topic is truly appreciated!
        >On another note the rain we received the other day quickly replaced
        >the 400-500-gallon rain catchment barrels at our Home rather quickly-
        >yahoo!!
        > Thanks for your postings, Bill Stange
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        Nan Hildreth, Houston
        713-842-6643 NanHildreth@...
        713-443-3104 cell
        3939 Luca St.
        Houston, Tx 77021
      • raarscott@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2005
          Check out CenterPoint's incentives for energy effciency projects. The link is below.

          CenterPoint Energy Residential and Small Commercial Standard Offer Program

          http://www.centerpointressop.com/customer.shtml

          --Rahsaan

          Nan Hildreth <nanhildreth@...> wrote:

          >I think the new federal tax CREDIT starting January of 10% up to $300
          >of the cost of insulation, etc includes
          >windows.    http://www.fsec.ucf.edu/EPAct-05.htm#existing
          >
          >Is there more bang for the buck to put storm windows over existing windows?
          >
          >At 08:27 AM 11/2/2005, William wrote:
          >>Hello all,
          >>               Does anyone know if there are any incentives in Houston
          >>or the state of Texas for changing-out windows (residential) to "low-
          >>e" insulative type? Whether rebates, tax incentives or low cost loans?
          >>Winter is upon us already and with Nat. gas prices looming, electrical
          >>prices zooming we need to change these holes in the walls called
          >>windows. Any info. on this topic is truly appreciated!
          >>On another note the rain we received the other day quickly replaced
          >>the 400-500-gallon rain catchment barrels at our Home rather quickly-
          >>yahoo!!
          >>                   Thanks for your postings, Bill Stange
          >>

          >>Yahoo! Groups Links
          >>

          >Nan Hildreth, Houston
          >713-842-6643   NanHildreth@...
          >713-443-3104 cell
          >3939 Luca St.
          >Houston, Tx 77021

          Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

          Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

        • JR Batek
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2005
            Has anyone participated in the program from
            CenterPoint listed in the email below? It sounds like
            the contractor is the one getting paid, so do I have
            to negotiate that rebate from the contractor? How
            much is the typical amount of the rebate?

            Thanks.

            http://mail.yahoo.com