Re: [hreg] Reliving the Tour

  • JOHN GARDNER
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2005
      Mike,
      Can we tell Kathryn we had 300 people at the tour. We had at least a 100 people at our house.
      John

      Michael Ewert <mewert@...> wrote:

      Our Houston Renewable Energy Tour yesterday was fantastic!  We had at least triple last years attendance.  Thank you so much to all who helped make it a success and to all who toured.  We will have a more complete report later, but I just wanted to say that I enjoyed meeting lots of new renewable energy enthusiasts.

      If anyone took pictures, please send them to me; we lost some that were taken and we need them for the website.

      Thank you,

      Mike

      mewert@...

    • Michael Ewert
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2005

        We had about 200 visitors each at the Carriers and at Orchid house.  We haven’t had time to compare lists yet to see how many are repeats, but 300 is probably a good, rough estimate.

        John, are you going to write something up for the Solar Reflector?

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2005
          Your tour addressed a huge public need.   Today's Chronicle said energy's place in consumer's budgets has jumped from 6% in 2002 to 9.3% so we're buying less other things.  They worry Christmas won't be jolly.
          http://www.chron.com/CDA/umstory.mpl/business/3432521

          Michael Ewert <mewert@...> wrote:
          Our Houston Renewable Energy Tour yesterday was fantastic!  We had at least triple last years attendance.  Thank you so much to all who helped make it a success and to all who toured.  We will have a more complete report later, but I just wanted to say that I enjoyed meeting lots of new renewable energy enthusiasts.

          If anyone took pictures, please send them to me; we lost some that were taken and we need them for the website.

          Thank you,

          Mike
          mewert@...

          Houston texas attorney Houston texas bankruptcy lawyer Houston texas web site design
          Houston texas mover Houston texas swimming pool builder Houston texas apartment

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Nan Hildreth, Houston
          713-842-6643   NanHildreth@...
          713-443-3104 cell
          3939 Luca St.
          Houston, Tx 77021

        • Lunce
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2005
            Thanks, Nan!

            A HUGE THANK YOU to all the wonderful Owners for opening up their place
            for the public, and I also wish to thank the volunteers who gave their
            time and helped make this tour possible!!

            I am happy that we had a good turn out (It helped to have beautiful
            weather!). Even more, I hope that most of the visitors will take
            something back and do something about their own places so they can be on
            future tours as well. Observation is a start. Action counts. Remembering
            that it is important to pare down ones needs before moving to passive
            and/or active systems.

            Have a great day!

            Lunce