Environment Assoc. Home on Nat. Solar Tour...Sunday

  • LaVerne Williams AIA LEED AP
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2005
      SwiftPageEmail

      Dear hreg@yahoogroups,

      For all those wanting to tour one of our microclimate designed, passive solar "green" homes, here's your chance.

      A home we designed for a client (both husband and wife are engineers) is on the National Solar Tour this Sunday, October 30th from 1 to 5 PM.

      The Houston Renewable Energy Group is hosting this event locally.  It is also a fundraiser for them.  Cost is only $5.00 per group (up to 6 people) for all the projects on the tour.

      It's called the "Orchid House" because the house had to accomodate a very serious hobby of growing orchids without the integral working greenhouse being an energy liability.  This was one of their main design requirements along with wanting the home to be a "green" home in regards to its overall design, construction and performance.  She also wanted to build it herself.....and did!

      For directions and pictures, click here.
      Important Note:  Be sure to print out the attached flyer as it has the correct directions to get there.
        Don't use MapQuest, Expedia or Google Maps after you turn off FM1774, as all of them have their directions wrong.

      Hope to see you there.
      (sorry for the late notice....we ran into emailing problems with our Internet Service Provider)

      We would greatly appreciate it if you would pass this announcement on to others that may be interested.

      ____LaVerne___
      LaVerne A. Williams, AIA, LEED® AP
      architect & building ecologist
      laverne@...
      Environment Associates, Architects & Consultants
      5828 Langfield Road, Houston, TX 77092-1429
      713.528.0000
      866.815.2527 toll free
      www.environmentassoc.com
      30+ Years of Leadership in Healthy, High Performance Green Homes & Remodeling / Green Architecture
      Design Counseling / Consulting / Design / Construction Documents / Construction Administration Services
      Recently recognized by the Citizens League for Environmental Action Now as a "Houston Hero" for the Environment, locally and nationally.
      Recipient of the Hershey Conservation Award from the Houston Audubon Society, and other honors.

      Sent to: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      If you prefer not to receive
      future e-mails of this type,
      Leave this List.
      Sent By:
      Environment Associates, Architects & Consultants
      5828 Langfield Rd.
      Houston TX 77092
      U.S.A.
      To view as a web page.