RE: [hreg] Re: backup solar system

  • noyes livingston
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 2, 2005
      isreal,

      thank you for the reply. unfortunately, where we live
      in alief, the wind is not very steady and i beleive we
      would have problems with the deed restrictions. my
      father has a beach home in port aransas and i am
      trying to convince him that he needs a wind turbine to
      generate electricity.

      i will let you know if i am successful and once my
      brother brings me a military grade inverter that he
      has and i get the components together, i will take
      pictures of everything and keep everyone up to date as
      to our progress in creating change.

      noyes
    • Michael Ewert
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 2, 2005
        I came across these 3 packaged PV home systems:
        http://www.sundog.org/proddetail.asp?id=272
        http://www.harvest-energy.com/smallCabinSolar.html
        http://www.sbtdesigns.com/products/solar03.htm

        Has anyone seen a comparable home wind system? We could compare.

        thank you for the reply. unfortunately, where we live
        in alief, the wind is not very steady and i beleive we
        would have problems with the deed restrictions. my
        father has a beach home in port aransas and i am
        trying to convince him that he needs a wind turbine to
        generate electricity.

        i will let you know if i am successful and once my
        brother brings me a military grade inverter that he
        has and i get the components together, i will take
        pictures of everything and keep everyone up to date as
        to our progress in creating change.

        noyes

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Bashir Syed
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 2, 2005
          During my visit to Paris (june 7-1, 2004)  to attend 19th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition, there were two companies which represented Wind Energy:
          1. Southwest Windpower: www.windenergy.com and info@...
          2. Grundfos SQFlex. www.grundfos.com
          This company sells separate PV and Wind systems, but also a Hybrid PV/Wind system as well.
          I hope this information will be help.

          Bashir A. Syedm
          Member: ASES, APS, IEEE, UCS, New York Academy of Sciences, & Senior Member: ISES
          Vice President, R&D
          EnerTech Enterprises, Inc.
          1120 NASA Parkway, Suite 220W
          Houston, TX 77058
          Bus. 281-333-9889/Fax: 281-461-1150
          Direct: 281-286-3726/Cell: 713-560-6668
          E-mail: bsyed@...

          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 16, 2006

            Is anyone familiar with Egan & Hinson, an A/C company in Houston who claims to have Geothermal heat pump installation experience?

            LaVerne A. William s, AIA, LEED® AP
            Environment Associates, Architects & Consultants
            laverne@...
            713.528.0000

          • deviant
            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 16, 2006
              Definitely. They installed the geothermal system on our house on
              Valerie in Bellaire. You can ask Kathleen more about them.