RE: [hreg] Re: backup solar system

  • Israel Palacios
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 1, 2005

      I have read that wind generated power is less expensive and in may be more productive than solar.  Before buying solar you might want to see which would be more cost effective.  I was interested in solar but, with demand outstripping supply the cost of solar is a premium.

      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 2, 2005
        isreal,

        thank you for the reply. unfortunately, where we live
        in alief, the wind is not very steady and i beleive we
        would have problems with the deed restrictions. my
        father has a beach home in port aransas and i am
        trying to convince him that he needs a wind turbine to
        generate electricity.

        i will let you know if i am successful and once my
        brother brings me a military grade inverter that he
        has and i get the components together, i will take
        pictures of everything and keep everyone up to date as
        to our progress in creating change.

        noyes
      • Michael Ewert
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 2, 2005
          I came across these 3 packaged PV home systems:
          http://www.sundog.org/proddetail.asp?id=272
          http://www.harvest-energy.com/smallCabinSolar.html
          http://www.sbtdesigns.com/products/solar03.htm

          Has anyone seen a comparable home wind system? We could compare.

          thank you for the reply. unfortunately, where we live
          in alief, the wind is not very steady and i beleive we
          would have problems with the deed restrictions. my
          father has a beach home in port aransas and i am
          trying to convince him that he needs a wind turbine to
          generate electricity.

          i will let you know if i am successful and once my
          brother brings me a military grade inverter that he
          has and i get the components together, i will take
          pictures of everything and keep everyone up to date as
          to our progress in creating change.

          noyes

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Bashir Syed
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 2, 2005
            During my visit to Paris (june 7-1, 2004)  to attend 19th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition, there were two companies which represented Wind Energy:
            1. Southwest Windpower: www.windenergy.com and info@...
            2. Grundfos SQFlex. www.grundfos.com
            This company sells separate PV and Wind systems, but also a Hybrid PV/Wind system as well.
            I hope this information will be help.

            Bashir A. Syedm
            Member: ASES, APS, IEEE, UCS, New York Academy of Sciences, & Senior Member: ISES
            Vice President, R&D
            EnerTech Enterprises, Inc.
            1120 NASA Parkway, Suite 220W
            Houston, TX 77058
            Bus. 281-333-9889/Fax: 281-461-1150
            Direct: 281-286-3726/Cell: 713-560-6668
            E-mail: bsyed@...

            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 16, 2006

              Is anyone familiar with Egan & Hinson, an A/C company in Houston who claims to have Geothermal heat pump installation experience?

              LaVerne A. William s, AIA, LEED® AP
              Environment Associates, Architects & Consultants
              laverne@...
              713.528.0000

            • deviant
              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 16, 2006
                Definitely. They installed the geothermal system on our house on
                Valerie in Bellaire. You can ask Kathleen more about them.