RE: [hreg] Waste oil or vegetable oil for heating?

  • Tom Ritter
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2005

      Tom

      From: hreg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hreg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Todd
      Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 1:22 PM
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [hreg] Waste oil or vegetable oil for heating?

      I have been running waste vegetable oil in my truck for months.  I
      also have a fair amount of waste petroleum oils.  I've looked into
      the 'store bought' waste oil heaters and simply cannot afford one.
      Any suggestions on waste oil burners that I can fabricate?

      Has anyone bought the plans or kits in lieu of a full waste oil
      heating unit?

      I live in an old building downtown.  My biodiesel reactor and waste
      veggie filtering area is in the rear of the old building with 12'
      ceilings.  My loft is above my workshop with exposed beams for great
      access.  I would really like to run Pex lines for radiant heating
      beneath my loft.  I've even thought of a well insulated storage tank
      for use in the evenings when I'm not in the shop to monitor the
      heater operation.

      I have a couple of old pressure washer burners with coils.  Could I
      use a Mother Earth News or Babington heater to heat up a liquid in
      the coils and circulate that through the Pex?  Industrial plants use
      glycol heating systems.  What type of glycol?  I have propylene,
      ethylene and hexylene glycol available.

      Suggestions?  Ideas?

      My next plan is to get an old Lister or similar diesel engine driven
      generator and do net metering.  I live in NE Louisiana and the state
      just passed the laws accepting biofuels for generating power on grid
      tied systems.

      Thanks.

      Todd T

    • Garth & Kim Travis
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 22, 2005
        The best web site for biofuels is www.journeytoforever.org and the biofuels list attached to it is really good as well.
        Bright Blessings,
        Kim

        At 03:56 PM 9/22/2005, you wrote:

[...]

        Houston texas attorney Houston texas bankruptcy lawyer Houston texas web site design
        Houston texas mover Houston texas swimming pool builder Houston texas apartment

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS