Next General Meeting 9/24 at 2 pm TSU

  • Jonathan Clemens
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 18, 2000
      HREG,

      Please plan on attending this Sunday's general meeting at the usual place, TSU School of Technology, and the usual time, 2 pm.  The main agenda item is arranging and finalizing the HREG display board for Roundup.  I have a few requests to ask of you.

      If you have been involved in projects, public outreach, activities, and such, and you have photographs (or other information), then please bring them to the meeting.  I would suggest that the photographs stay with the display, but we could return them in the future (if you put your name on the back).  Bring poster board, colored paper, pens, stencils, whatever.

      I plan to place the cover of the Houston RE News on the display, as well as photograph(s) of my solar energized bike, which is now in the final assembly/installation phase (i.e., mounting and wiring of the solar components - PV panel, charge controller, circuit breaker).

      It would be great to have photographs of the REEP projects in South Africa and elsewhere.  Perhaps, Mike E. or David B. can provide information and/or photographs of the Battery-less Solar Refrigerator.  Or photographs from their visit to Mexico City this week.

      The display board I have is black, alluding to petroleum perhaps.  I bought the econo model.  I would also like to place some charts from my Economics of RE introductory workshop on the display, too.

      Roundup publicity - We have distributed about 45 posters and well over 500 flyers around Houston this past week.  I hit several libraries, the Whole Earth Provision Company (they jumped for joy at news of the event!), Whole Foods, CEC, Rice Epicurian Market, Seabrook Spice Company, some cafe houses, and so on.  I have about 40 posters (and 100 flyers) left if anyone has ideas where I could place them.

      If we need to discuss any other topic at this coming meeting, let me know.  And of course, please sign up for Roundup volunteering if you have not already (see www.renewableenergyroundup.com)  Thanks.

      Jonathan
    • jclem412@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 18, 2000
        Bubbe,

        Excellent! I'll be there. Your wife. Love you.
      • Dan from Texas
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 18, 2000
          Jonathan:  I would like to attend this sundays HREG meeting at TSU.  This will be my first meeting of the HREG.  I have bee looking for a local RE group that could give me some tips on local places to purchase hardware for the installation of my small experimental system.  I have been purchasing the Home Power magazine for some time and currenty have six PV panels, three 12V batteries and two chargers. and one 6500 watt Generic gererator and a 3500 watt gererator.  I the near furture all of this will be suplimented with a bank of 12 - 2V batterys, chargers and battery rack to create a 24V power system.  I have a lot of questions that I hope can be answered before I start setting up my PV panels.  Can you tell me where TSU is and where the school of technology it located, as I have never been there before.
          Thanks for your assistance
          Dan Stuettgen

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 18, 2000
            I suppose contact Russel Smith; I don't even have one.
            Marge

            <http://adimg.egroups.com/img/8945/15/_/58590/_/969301547/target(auto)468