CALL for Volunteers - Roundup Posters and Flyers

  • Jonathan Clemens
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2000
      HREG,

      Yesterday I received 100 colored posters and 1000 various single color flyers about the Roundup Fair for distribution in the Houston area.  Time is of the essence.  I am calling for help in placing the material in strategic places around Houston, and soon.

      Diane and I plan to do the circuit around Houston this Saturday, including Clear Lake and inside the 610 loop, hitting libraries, cafes, REI, Whole Foods, and other places.  We are willling to meet up with anyone during the day to hand over copies.  Or, any of you can stop by my office or home before Saturday and pick them up yourselves.

      My cell phone: 281 384-1309 (available all day SAT)
      My office phone: 281 333-1730 (fax is 333-0779)
      My home phone: 281 335-1155

      Mike, you can help by hitting the Seabrook and Kemah area, so give me a call, or stop by my office at ECON, Inc., 1120 NASA Road One, Suite 470.  Our condo is just around the corner on Egret Bay.

      Please note, when placing the posters and flyers, ask permission from owners or managers beforehand.  Be aware that we may want to go around afterwards and pick up the colored posters (or not).  It will help to bring your own scotch tape and/or staplers, for we will want to display the posters ourselves, so as not to rely on the locations to do it themselves.

      Any ideas?  If any of you have ideas about places, let us all know.  Maybe other folks on line are in better positions to stop by and place the posters.  I welcome any suggestions.  Please use the fax number above to provide maps or directions to good places and I will try to hit them this weekend.

      FYI - I plan to take a modest-sized U-haul covered trailer to Roundup and will likely have some space left over.  If you need bulk transport to the fair, let me know.  Also, KPFT radio has been informed of the fair and will make public announcements as part of their Progressive Forum.  I have already seen an e-mail from KPFT (Wally James and Bob Buzzanco) announcing the fair.

      Thanks.

      Jonathan