Re: [hreg] Assistance # 2 RESPONSE
- The computation for number of years to recover cost of PV system were based upon the assumtion (international avg. cost estimates as of 2005) of $5 per Watt plus $1 per Watt additional hardware (this cost may increase due to rising prices of Silicon, like the increasing cost of fuels used by utility companies).The advatages are:
Bashir A. Syed----- Original Message -----From: John MigginsSent: Friday, September 02, 2005 2:40 PMSubject: Re: [hreg] AssistanceJane, we can help you but will need more deatails to give payback. perhaps
- Independence from Utility companies
- Much cheaper electricity in the long run
- No Greenhouse gas emissions
- PV systems are modular, and can be expanded due to additional loads
- With emerging Conducting Polymer or Plastic PV Technology the cost will be much less for the systems, except the life ~ 10 years.
we can do this offline.
send info or call me
Harvest Solar & Wind Power
"renewable solutions to everyday needs"
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jane Edgar" <jedgar@...>
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 12:30 PM
Subject: [hreg] Assistance
> Can anyone give me factual calculations on the use of photovoltaics i.e.
> cost benefits and payback period.
> I need to convince my company that we could actually run our offices on
> solar. We have so many covered walk ways that we could fit arrays of
> modules to them.
> Best regards Jane
> Yahoo! Groups Links