Re: [hreg] Assistance # 2 RESPONSE

  • Bashir Syed
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2005
      The computation for number of years to recover cost of PV system were based upon the assumtion (international avg. cost estimates as of 2005) of $5 per Watt plus $1 per Watt additional hardware (this cost may increase due to rising prices of Silicon, like the increasing cost of fuels used by utility companies).
      The advatages are:
      • Independence from Utility companies
      • Much cheaper electricity in the long run
      • No Greenhouse gas emissions
      • PV systems are modular, and can be expanded due to additional loads
      • With emerging Conducting Polymer or Plastic PV Technology the cost will be much less for the systems, except the life ~ 10 years.
      Bashir A. Syed