Japhet Jump-up Monday 3-11pm

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2005
      Feel free to bring your literature to put on our peak oil table at
      this Labor Day afternoon event and help us chat with the folks.

      Japhet Jump-up

      Japhet Creek, a mile long tributary to Buffalo Bayou is wanting your
      help. For decades, it's been the dumping ground for tires, concrete,
      and trash. The Japhet Civic Association in partnership with the
      Buffalo Bayou Partnership is restoring the creek to its natural
      beauty. To help fund this exciting effort, the Japhet Civic
      Association in partnership with Kennywould Events is having a fun day
      of bands on Labor Day, Monday September 5th from 3-11 pm. Sponsors
      include Green Mountain Energy and Whole Foods - Bellaire. The event
      will be held at 4601 Clinton Dr., south of the historic Fifth
      Ward. The festivities will feature the boogie sounds of headliner
      Redeye Carl & the Pirates. Other bands include KP Trio, Ben and
      Rosalee, The Benny Brasket Band, and the Hightailers. Tickets are
      only $5 at the door. Bring the family and friends for a fun day of
      music, tours of the creek, and family activities. We'll also have
      vendor's booths of representatives from organizations in Houston that
      are working to make Houston a more sustainable city.

      For more information contact Brian Herod, 713-480-6303,
      info@...,
      www.houstonsustainability.net/japhet.html. For more information about
      the restoration efforts to date, go to http://japhetcreek.blogspot.com

      Nan Hildreth, Houston