RE: [hreg] HREG Call to Action

  • Michael Ewert
    Message 1 of 14 , May 14, 2001

      The website of the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) has this report. Perhaps some of our business members can register to provide equipment.  Others of us can pick one of the many opportunities to donate money, supplies or our time to help evacuees right here in the Houston area.

      The Federal Emergency Management Agency through the Southwest Emergency Response Network is offering registration in the National Emergency Resource Registry for any businesses capable of making a donation of materials or equipment useful to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. Among current priorities are housing, transportation, and emergency supplies, and SEIA members capable of providing deployable power systems of any sort are urged to register them at the link provided. https://www.swern.gov/emergency/asset_app.php

       http://www.seia.org/

      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 1, 2005
        I wonder how difficult it would be for the refugees to find cardboard.  We could send them rolls of aluminum foil and cooking bags which would allow the creation of solar cookers.
        Just an idea.  It will boil water in about 45 minutes.
        Bright Blessings,
        Kim

        At 11:09 AM 9/1/2005, you wrote:
[...]

        Houston texas web site design Houston texas swimming pool builder Houston texas apartment
        Houston texas web design Houston texas web hosting Houston texas

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • John Miggins
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 1, 2005
          That is a good idea, it can also help sanitize the water they do have to make it safer.  composting toilets would be good too.

          We could make a lot of contributions but with the transportation problems and caos it might be better to just donate money.

          John Miggins
          Harvest Solar & Wind Power
          "renewable solutions to everyday needs"
          www.harvest-energy.com
          Phone/Fax 918-743-2299

[...]

        • Garth & Kim Travis

[...]

             Visit your group "hreg" on the web.

          • jclem412@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 1, 2005
              Wow!  TXSES and HREG are so COOL!!!!!  Get on it y'all.

              Love, Diane & Jonathan Clemens in Port Townsend, WA, ASES members.