Re: [hreg] house

  • ChasMauch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2000
      Hello Diane,

      I guess everyone would like to live in their dream house, even if it takes
      years to design and build. As I have said before, it seems like a useful
      thing to figure out what the ideal house would be like. Not just energy
      efficient but environmental and liveable in every way. There are probably
      lots of books and magazines on the subject that I need to research and maybe
      I will do that when I have more time after the election on Nov. 7th. I just
      thought it would be something that a lot of folks here would find interesting
      to discuss as a sort of informal project and maybe save everyone some time by
      pooling our knowledge. I didn't consider it something that would just be of
      benefit to me, although of course it would be. But we have been through all
      that.

      As for Nader coming to the Roundup, I do not mean to be discouraging but
      doubt that there is much chance. He is incredibly busy and even our senior GP
      staffers who are working hard for him here in Texas and know him personally
      find it almost impossible to reach him. They have dozens of functions they
      would like to get him to but so far he has only tentatively committed to a
      3-day swing through Texas sometime in October with stops in the major
      population centers that contain half the voters in Texas - San Antonio,
      Austin, Houston, and DFW. If his last trip is any indication his time will be
      totally booked with speeches, press conferences, meetings with the editorial
      boards of major newspapers, TV stations, and other media. It is amazing how
      much attention he gets but how little of it seems to make it into the major
      media. Don't mean to be a pessimist but I wouldn't count on his being
      available.

      Well, looks like I'm getting longwinded again. Happy Labor Day to everyone.
      Charlie