RE: [hreg] Job Opening

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005
      This group is about learning and truth, which is neither positive or negative.  If these people are really bad news, then the entire story should be told.  For those who have no wish to know the truth, there is a delete key, which everyone is free to use as they wish.  However, just posting a comment about someone being bad new and not elaborating is not acceptable.  Will Intel One please either explain the comment or retract his statement.
      Bright Blessings,
      Kim Travis
      List Owner

      At 10:25 PM 8/11/2005, you wrote:
      Let's keep this e-group discussion positive.  I hope our commercial members involved in renewable energies can feel more of our support than criticism.

      Andrew McCalla <andrew@...> wrote:
      Intell,

      Could you elaborate on your cryptic posting?

      How did you have bad luck and how are they bad news?

      Andrew H. McCalla
      Meridian Energy Systems
      2300 S. Lamar, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Ste. 107
      Austin, TX  78704

      Voice: (512) 448-0055
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005

        Agreed, we should seek the truth.  It is an elusive creature.

        A substantiated opinion would be nice, but not mandatory.

        My delete key works fine.

        J. Patrick Malone

        -----------

[...]

      • Abasil melton
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005
        • Abasil melton
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005
          • Clifford Cheadle
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005
            • Tom Ritter
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005

                Good way to soft pedal the point.  Thanks.

                  Sure, about three years ago I answered an ad Green Mt.was running for job openings. I called a number of times I am still waiting for a return call. I even went to their web site and tried to contact them by email. Since they did not respond I call that bad news. Please Green Mt.don"t contact me now. I have found a job. Don't kill the messenger. Good luck all.

                  Andrew McCalla <andrew@...> wrote:

                  Intell,

                  Could you elaborate on your cryptic posting?

                  How did you have bad luck and how are they bad news?

                  Andrew H. McCalla

                  Meridian Energy Systems

                  2300 S. Lamar, Ste. 107

[...]

                  Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
                • England, Jada
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005
                    Intell,

                    I am sorry you did not get contacted when you tried to apply for a position here at Green Mountain Energy. We get several applicants and its not always easy to contact everyone that applies. As you know in the job market you are not always contacted every time you send a resume.

                    I can not speak for the management when you applied but I am part of the management team now and we love having interested people apply and work for us.

                    We currently have several happy employees as well as several happy former employees and we are always looking for environmentally friendly employees to join our team. Again, I am very sorry your past experience with us was not as pleasant as you would have preferred.

                    As far as the company however, I strongly believe in our mission which is to change the way power is made and using consumer choice to do so.

                    I hope you will reconsider your position on Green Mountain energy and that you will always try to choose renewable energy if you have a choice to do so.

                    Thanks for your thoughts and concerns,

                    Cleaner Electricity Today. Bluer Skies tomorrow.

                    Jada England
                    Green Mountain Energy
                    jada.england@...
                    (281) 216.0189

                    ________________________________

                    www.meridiansolar.com <http://www.meridiansolar.com/>

                    ________________________________

[...]

                    Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=34442/*http:/www.yahoo.com/r/hs>

                    ________________________________
                  • SBT Designs
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 13, 2005
                      If you apply to Green Mountain or any potential employer throught the
                      Internet or email you should be aware they are also using the Internet to
                      screen potential applicants. Now, it is more unlikely they will provide the
                      courtesy of any response if your resume and application does not just jump
                      off the screen and indicate your suitability for their position. Employers
                      also receive so many application via the Internet most of them have not
                      developed methods and techniques for filtering the good applications from
                      the bad applications.
                      Such is our world at this time.

                      Steven Shepard
                      SBT Designs