RE: [hreg] Job Opening

  • Andrew McCalla
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 11, 2005

      Intell,

      Could you elaborate on your cryptic posting?

      How did you have bad luck and how are they bad news?

      Andrew H. McCalla

      Meridian Energy Systems

      2300 S. Lamar, Ste. 107

      Austin, TX   78704

      Voice: (512) 448-0055

      Fax:    (512) 448-0045

      www.meridiansolar.com

        -----------
[...]

      • Robert Johnston
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005

          I agree with the general idea of keeping this discussion positive and hope we never descend into the kinds of flame wars, etc., that have killed other discussion groups online.  But I think that since one of our goals is to educate our membership about how to use renewable energy, if someone has found a renewable energy provider to be a poor provider or a employer, that is worth listening to and I’d like to know, providing we share factual information/experiences, not just opinion.  In terms of balance, it would be nice to hear both sides if possible.  And, of course, everyone should keep in mind that anecdotal information is not the same as a survey of a broad, randomly sampled population.

          In terms of keeping things positive, this e-group has had some pretty negative things to say about non-renewable energy related corporations, some politicians, etc.  I would hope that we wouldn’t practice selective criticism, ignoring or suppressing any problems with renewable energy corporations but blasting corporations based on fossil fuels.  As a scientist, I’ve never found suppression of data contrary to my opinions to be helpful in the long run; let opinions follow the data.

          I think Green Mountain Energy is big enough they can take a little criticism if warranted.

          Robert Johnston

[...]

        • Garth & Kim Travis
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005
            This group is about learning and truth, which is neither positive or negative.  If these people are really bad news, then the entire story should be told.  For those who have no wish to know the truth, there is a delete key, which everyone is free to use as they wish.  However, just posting a comment about someone being bad new and not elaborating is not acceptable.  Will Intel One please either explain the comment or retract his statement.
            Bright Blessings,
            Kim Travis
            List Owner

            At 10:25 PM 8/11/2005, you wrote:
            Let's keep this e-group discussion positive.  I hope our commercial members involved in renewable energies can feel more of our support than criticism.

            Andrew McCalla <andrew@...> wrote:
            Intell,

            Could you elaborate on your cryptic posting?

            How did you have bad luck and how are they bad news?

            Andrew H. McCalla
            Meridian Energy Systems
            2300 S. Lamar, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Ste. 107
            Austin, TX  78704

            Voice: (512) 448-0055
[...]

            Renewable energy Houston texas Environment
            Cause Development environment Environment protection

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          • J. P. Malone
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005

              Agreed, we should seek the truth.  It is an elusive creature.

              A substantiated opinion would be nice, but not mandatory.

              My delete key works fine.

              J. Patrick Malone

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005
              • Abasil melton
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005
                • Clifford Cheadle
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005
                  • Tom Ritter
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005

                      Good way to soft pedal the point.  Thanks.

[...]

                        Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
                      • England, Jada
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005
                          Intell,

                          I am sorry you did not get contacted when you tried to apply for a position here at Green Mountain Energy. We get several applicants and its not always easy to contact everyone that applies. As you know in the job market you are not always contacted every time you send a resume.

                          I can not speak for the management when you applied but I am part of the management team now and we love having interested people apply and work for us.

                          We currently have several happy employees as well as several happy former employees and we are always looking for environmentally friendly employees to join our team. Again, I am very sorry your past experience with us was not as pleasant as you would have preferred.

                          As far as the company however, I strongly believe in our mission which is to change the way power is made and using consumer choice to do so.

                          I hope you will reconsider your position on Green Mountain energy and that you will always try to choose renewable energy if you have a choice to do so.

                          Thanks for your thoughts and concerns,

                          Cleaner Electricity Today. Bluer Skies tomorrow.

                          Jada England
                          Green Mountain Energy
                          jada.england@...
                          (281) 216.0189

                          ________________________________

                          www.meridiansolar.com <http://www.meridiansolar.com/>

                          ________________________________

[...]

                          Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=34442/*http:/www.yahoo.com/r/hs>

                          ________________________________
                        • SBT Designs
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 13, 2005
                            If you apply to Green Mountain or any potential employer throught the
                            Internet or email you should be aware they are also using the Internet to
                            screen potential applicants. Now, it is more unlikely they will provide the
                            courtesy of any response if your resume and application does not just jump
                            off the screen and indicate your suitability for their position. Employers
                            also receive so many application via the Internet most of them have not
                            developed methods and techniques for filtering the good applications from
                            the bad applications.
                            Such is our world at this time.

                            Steven Shepard
                            SBT Designs