Re: [hreg] Job Opening

  • Intell One
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 11, 2005
      Hope you have better luck than I did three years ago. These people are bad news.
      Intell One

      jadaengland <jada.england@...> wrote:
      Part Time Sales-No Experience Required! Fun Job!

      -----------
      Green Mountain Energy

      Job Location: Houston
      Houston, TX  77007
      Start Date: Immediate
      Job Type: All year/Part-time
      Job Category: Sales
      Job Overview:
      EARN commission for every sale you make PLUS other bonuses!

      Green Mountain Energy Company started with a simple idea: use the
      power of consumer choice to change the way power is made. We offer
      electricity made from sources that are pollution free and different
      than those traditionally used: sources such as wind and water. We
      are confident that, given a choice, informed consumers would choose
      cleaner electricity.

      Position Summary:

      You will sign up residential customers for service at storefront
      booths and events (festivals, spoting events, concerts, trade shows,
      etc.)

      Position Duties: You will set up tables at storefronts and events
      and talk to potential customers to sign them up for cleaner
      renewable energy. As an Agent, you will educate prospective
      customers about the importance of renewable energy and its growth.

      Our sales agents have the opportunity to make commissions and
      bonuses!

      Join Green Mountain Energy today and have a fun and interesting job
      you can be proud of!!

      Other Requirements:

      You need a high level of personal integrity, reliability, and
      dependability! You need to be adaptable and flexible, and some
      weekend work is required. We are looking for those individuals with
      an outgoing personality, and who have access to reliable
      transportation that want to work 12-25 hours per week.
      Hours Per Week: 12-25
      Wage: commission
      Days Required To Work: Varies

      Benefits
      Bonus:

      Our sales reps have an opportunity to earn commissions and bonuses!

    • Andrew McCalla
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 11, 2005

        Intell,

        Could you elaborate on your cryptic posting?

        How did you have bad luck and how are they bad news?

        Andrew H. McCalla

        Meridian Energy Systems

        2300 S. Lamar, Ste. 107

        Austin, TX   78704

        Voice: (512) 448-0055

        Fax:    (512) 448-0045

        www.meridiansolar.com

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005

            I agree with the general idea of keeping this discussion positive and hope we never descend into the kinds of flame wars, etc., that have killed other discussion groups online.  But I think that since one of our goals is to educate our membership about how to use renewable energy, if someone has found a renewable energy provider to be a poor provider or a employer, that is worth listening to and I’d like to know, providing we share factual information/experiences, not just opinion.  In terms of balance, it would be nice to hear both sides if possible.  And, of course, everyone should keep in mind that anecdotal information is not the same as a survey of a broad, randomly sampled population.

            In terms of keeping things positive, this e-group has had some pretty negative things to say about non-renewable energy related corporations, some politicians, etc.  I would hope that we wouldn’t practice selective criticism, ignoring or suppressing any problems with renewable energy corporations but blasting corporations based on fossil fuels.  As a scientist, I’ve never found suppression of data contrary to my opinions to be helpful in the long run; let opinions follow the data.

            I think Green Mountain Energy is big enough they can take a little criticism if warranted.

            Robert Johnston

[...]

          • Garth & Kim Travis
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005
              Greetings,
              This group is about learning and truth, which is neither positive or negative.  If these people are really bad news, then the entire story should be told.  For those who have no wish to know the truth, there is a delete key, which everyone is free to use as they wish.  However, just posting a comment about someone being bad new and not elaborating is not acceptable.  Will Intel One please either explain the comment or retract his statement.
              Bright Blessings,
              Kim Travis
              List Owner

              At 10:25 PM 8/11/2005, you wrote:
              Let's keep this e-group discussion positive.  I hope our commercial members involved in renewable energies can feel more of our support than criticism.

              Andrew McCalla <andrew@...> wrote:
              Intell,

              Could you elaborate on your cryptic posting?

              How did you have bad luck and how are they bad news?

              Andrew H. McCalla
              Meridian Energy Systems
              2300 S. Lamar, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Ste. 107
              Austin, TX  78704

              Voice: (512) 448-0055
[...]

              Renewable energy Houston texas Environment
              Cause Development environment Environment protection

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            • J. P. Malone
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005

                Agreed, we should seek the truth.  It is an elusive creature.

                A substantiated opinion would be nice, but not mandatory.

                My delete key works fine.

                J. Patrick Malone

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005
                • Abasil melton
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005
                  • Clifford Cheadle
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005
                    • Tom Ritter
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005

                        Good way to soft pedal the point.  Thanks.

[...]

                          Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
                        • England, Jada
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 12, 2005
                            Intell,

                            I am sorry you did not get contacted when you tried to apply for a position here at Green Mountain Energy. We get several applicants and its not always easy to contact everyone that applies. As you know in the job market you are not always contacted every time you send a resume.

                            I can not speak for the management when you applied but I am part of the management team now and we love having interested people apply and work for us.

                            We currently have several happy employees as well as several happy former employees and we are always looking for environmentally friendly employees to join our team. Again, I am very sorry your past experience with us was not as pleasant as you would have preferred.

                            As far as the company however, I strongly believe in our mission which is to change the way power is made and using consumer choice to do so.

                            I hope you will reconsider your position on Green Mountain energy and that you will always try to choose renewable energy if you have a choice to do so.

                            Thanks for your thoughts and concerns,

                            Cleaner Electricity Today. Bluer Skies tomorrow.

                            Jada England
                            Green Mountain Energy
                            jada.england@...
                            (281) 216.0189

                            ________________________________

                            www.meridiansolar.com <http://www.meridiansolar.com/>

                            ________________________________

[...]

                            Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=34442/*http:/www.yahoo.com/r/hs>

                            ________________________________
                          • SBT Designs
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 13, 2005
                              If you apply to Green Mountain or any potential employer throught the
                              Internet or email you should be aware they are also using the Internet to
                              screen potential applicants. Now, it is more unlikely they will provide the
                              courtesy of any response if your resume and application does not just jump
                              off the screen and indicate your suitability for their position. Employers
                              also receive so many application via the Internet most of them have not
                              developed methods and techniques for filtering the good applications from
                              the bad applications.
                              Such is our world at this time.

                              Steven Shepard
                              SBT Designs