New file uploaded to hreg

  • hreg@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 12, 2005
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the hreg
      group.

      File : /sprinkler on the roof.wpd
      Uploaded by : airdriel <gartht@...>
      Description :

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      airdriel <gartht@...>
    • hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 25 7:31 AM
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the hreg
        group.

        File : /Roundup Poster.pdf
        Uploaded by : houtextml <houtextml@...>
        Description : 7th Annual TX RE Roundup Color Poster

        houtextml <houtextml@...>
      • hreg@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 15, 2007
          Hello,

          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the hreg
          group.

          File : /the_mouse_method_of_real_estate_profits.htm
          Uploaded by : laban_johnson <laban@...>
          Description : The Mouse Method of Real Estate Profits

          You can access this file at the URL:

          Regards,

          laban_johnson <laban@...>
        • Ariel Thomann
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 21, 2007
            It's probably a matter of my decreasing youth versus the novelty of the tricks,
            or something. I don't know about anybody else. Basically, I'm just about
            through having to log in to some yahoo group or whatever in order to read
            something. Can someone explain to me why I should have to do so?

            Ariel
            generations.
            ------------------------------------

            > Hello,

            > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the hreg
            > group.
            >
            > File : /the_mouse_method_of_real_estate_profits.htm
            > Uploaded by : laban_johnson <laban@...>
            > Description : The Mouse Method of Real Estate Profits
            >
            > You can access this file at the URL:

            > Regards,
            >
            > laban_johnson <laban@...>

          • Tony W. DeRamus
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 21, 2007
              Ariel

              With your decreasing youth, should come wisdom. That is a decision you should be able to make on your own.

              I personally have enjoyed your periodic comments and contributions to the group.

              Tony W. DeRamus
              Beacon Energy Solutions
              4801 Woodway Dr., Ste 300 East
              Houston, TX 77056
              (713) 513-6180 Office
              (800) 615-9754 Toll Free
              (713) 513-6130 Fax
              www.BeaconEnergySolutions.com

              It's probably a matter of my decreasing youth versus the novelty of the tricks,
              or something. I don't know about anybody else. Basically, I'm just about
              through having to log in to some yahoo group or whatever in order to read
              something. Can someone explain to me why I should have to do so?

              Ariel
              generations.
              ------------------------------------

              > Hello,

              > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the hreg
              > group.
              >
              > File : /the_mouse_method_of_real_estate_profits.htm
              > Uploaded by : laban_johnson <laban@labanjohnson. <mailto:laban%40labanjohnson.com> com>
              > Description : The Mouse Method of Real Estate Profits
              >
              > You can access this file at the URL:

              > http://help. <http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/files> yahoo.com/help/us/groups/files
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > laban_johnson <laban@labanjohnson. <mailto:laban%40labanjohnson.com> com>

            • Robert Johnston
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 21, 2007

                I think from the title it is pretty clear this is spam (“the mouse method of real estate profits”?!), so I didn’t bother clicking on it.

                ------------ --------- --------- ------

                > Hello,

                > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the hreg
                > group.
                >
                > File : /the_mouse_method_ of_real_estate_ profits.htm
                > Uploaded by : laban_johnson <laban@labanjohnson. com>
                > Description : The Mouse Method of Real Estate Profits
                >
                > You can access this file at the URL:

                > http://help. yahoo.com/ help/us/groups/ files
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > laban_johnson <laban@labanjohnson. com>

              • lkhilts
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 21, 2007
                  Ariel,  the log in process is for your security. If you could get any information from anywhere on the net, so could someone else. Would you want access to your personal  information, such as security clearances, birth dates, powers of attorneys, etc...etc...etc...to be accessable to anyone who logs in? It's a way for sites to make sure that only the authorized person can gain access.  On a similar though inverse note, logging out causes cookies( which can track your browsing behavior)  to be deleted. Esp. important  if you are  on a public computer. lisa h.
                • Garth & Kim Travis
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 22, 2007
                    I assumed the same, and decided that our group members are sophisticated
                    enough to realize it. One of these days when I find time, I will delete it.
                    Bright Blessings,
                    Kim

                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 22, 2007
                      Lisa (and others) -- I'm certainly not interested in divulging more about myself
                      than I have to. Is there a way to KNOW that an identity thief can't subscribe
                      to a particular group and go fishing there?

                      Ariel
                      generations.
                      ------------------------------------

                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 22, 2007
                        No there isn't. That is why many of us don't fill out the profile with
                        the truth. I don't put anything on the internet that can hurt me, or
                        use a computer for internet access that has any important information on
                        it. While it may be hard to hack a bank computer, my computer would be
                        easy. Once a hacker has my passwords, he/she would have access to all
                        my accounts.

                        I have been on yahoo lists that have been badly hacked, so no, they are
                        not safe.

                        Bright Blessings,
                        Kim

                        Ariel Thomann wrote:
                        > Lisa (and others) -- I'm certainly not interested in divulging more about myself
                        > than I have to. Is there a way to KNOW that an identity thief can't subscribe
                        > to a particular group and go fishing there?
                        >
                        > Ariel
                        > - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one another, since
                        > otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
                        > - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think ahead 7
                        > generations.

                      • evelyn sardina
                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 22, 2007
                          Bank info if very easy to get to. That is why the chip implants won't work. Anyone can take your identity with a zapper that can be easily purchased on the internet. They can zap all your information in a second. Bank information is not safe at all and you should take all precautions.

                          Greetings,

                          Ariel Thomann wrote:
                          > Lisa (and others) -- I'm certainly not interested in divulging more about myself
                          > than I have to. Is there a way to KNOW that an identity thief can't subscribe
                          > to a particular group and go fishing there?
                          >
                          > Ariel
                          > - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one another, since
                          > otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
                          > - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think ahead 7
                          > generations.

                          http://mail.yahoo.com

                        • lkhilts
                          Message 12 of 23 , Oct 22, 2007
                            When you send information to the website, it is encrypted at your computer and decrypted at the website. Under normal circumstances, the information cannot be read or tampered with while it is being sent, but it's possible that someone might find a way to crack the encryption.
                            Even if the connection between your computer and the website is encrypted, it does not guarantee that the website is trustworthy. Your privacy can still be compromised by way the website uses or distributes your information. In other words, don't give out personal info. on publicly viewed websites. There are a few ways to check the security features of a site. One way is of course, the padlock in the address bar. Mouse over it. If it doesn't verify the site you're on, don't go any further. Another method which I seldom see mentioned is the "s" added to the protocol name (also called the address ) when entering info. on a secure site. If the "s" doesn't pop up next to the protocol such that 'http'      becomes 'https', then your info. is not secure.
                            Ariel, here's some more  info. that might help, but understand that nothing is completely secure.

                            A website might not be trustworthy if:
                            • The site is referred to you through an e-mail message from someone you don't know.
                            • The site offers objectionable content, such as pornography or illegal materials.
                            • The site makes offers that seem too good to be true, indicating a possible scam or the sale of illegal or stolen products.
                            • You are lured to the site by a bait and switch scheme, in which the product or service is not what you were expecting.
                            • You are asked for a credit card as a verification of identity or for personal information that does not seem necessary.
                            • You are asked to provide a credit card number without proof that the transaction is secure. (as in the protocol mentioned above)
                            • Finally, if you don't receive a receipt or confirmation of a transaction imediately, consider yourself scammed and contact your credit card co to block or deny all charges as of a specific time and date.
                            Most of this you probably already knew. Best advice is to watch for anything you don't recognize and don't respond to emails that begin with vague references to a recent transaction such as ebay or amazon.  Hope this helps. lisa h.
                          • hreg@yahoogroups.com
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jan 6, 2008
                              Hello,

                              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the hreg
                              group.

                              File : /Nans talk to HREG.ppt
                              Uploaded by : mkewert <mewert@...>
                              Description : Hildreth Legislative presentation Oct 2007

                              mkewert <mewert@...>
                            • hreg@yahoogroups.com
                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 2, 2008
                                Hello,

                                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the hreg
                                group.

                                File : /Eugster Jan 27 2008.pdf
                                Uploaded by : mkewert <mkewert@...>
                                Description : Houston-Leading the Way to Renewable Energy Adoption

                                mkewert <mkewert@...>
                              • hreg@yahoogroups.com
                                Message 15 of 23 , Apr 18, 2009
                                  Hello,

                                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the hreg
                                  group.

                                  File : /viral marketing.htm
                                  Uploaded by : laban_johnson <laban_johnson@...>
                                  Description : Promote your business while benefiting charity! Use our free viral fundraiser marketing tools This is a great free tool to get more word-of-mouth referrals for your business so you work less for more business, and to benefit charity, earning recognition in your community as a giver! It's Simple, inexpensive, and powerfully effective! Start by passing our VIRAL fundraising flyers out to your list but you type in your business name and information. People WILL pass these along to their friends

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Apr 27, 2009
                                    Hello,

                                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the hreg
                                    group.

                                    File : /Texas SB 545 as Amended.pdf
                                    Uploaded by : jks544 <adam.hipp@...>
                                    Description : Texas SB 545 (as amended)

                                    jks544 <adam.hipp@...>
                                  • hreg@yahoogroups.com
                                    Message 17 of 23 , May 11, 2009
                                      Hello,

                                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the hreg
                                      group.

                                      File : /Bachman04-26-09rev.pdf
                                      Uploaded by : mkewert <mkewert@...>
                                      Description : Passive Solar Heating & Cooling - Bachman

                                    • mkewert@comcast.net
                                      Message 18 of 23 , May 11, 2009
                                        I just uploaded the slides that Leonard Bachman used in his fantastic presentation on Passive Cooling at our last HREG meeting on April 26th.  His talk on cooling started on slide 51, but here you have his full set including  Passive Solar Heating (slides 1-50).
                                        Here are a few notes from the talk in case you missed it.
                                        Leonard is with the Univ of Houston School of Architecture and directs their Building Performance Laboratory, which he invited us to tour sometime.
                                        Passive heat sinks (for cooling) include air motion, the ground, bodies of water and the night sky.
                                        Try planting okra in front of your west windows for shading; it grows fast.
                                        He likes vented skin envelopes and conditioned space ducting; he has a whole house fan in his home.
                                        "Climate Consultant" is a great free software from UCLA: http://www2.aud.ucla.edu/energy-design-tools/
                                        He endorsed radiant attic barriers and evaporative roof cooling.
                                        Suggested reading: thermal delight in architecture by lisa heschong; Integrated Buildings by Leonard Bachman

                                        Mike

                                        Message 19 of 23 , May 11, 2009

                                          I just returned from a trip to Iran , where in addition to visiting parabolic concentrated solar thermal plants, I toured ancient sites, some dating back 400 BC.   In an arid desert environment, ancient homes were cooled using all the methods you mention below, every house had a wind chimney, rooms dug into the earth for cooling, and water frequently channeled underground.  Open courtyards included pools and fountains that cooled and provided air movement.  Wind chimneys were the most amazing – like standing under an attic fan.  The architecture was fascinating, simple and beautiful.

                                          Tyra

                                          Uploaded by : mkewert <mkewert@comcast. net>
                                          Description : Passive Solar Heating & Cooling - Bachman

                                          You can access this file at the URL:
                                          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/hreg/ files/Bachman04- 26-09rev. pdf

                                          http://help. yahoo.com/ l/us/yahoo/ groups/original/ members/web/ index.htmlfiles

                                          Regards,

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Mar 24, 2010
                                            Hello,

                                            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the hreg
                                            group.

                                            File : /The Woodlands Earth Day April 10 2010 Volunteer List.xls
                                            Uploaded by : sureshbalachandran <sureshb2k@...>
                                            Description : The Woodlands Earth Day April 10 2010 Volunteer List