Re: [hreg] Saving Energy

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2005

      Actually my biggest energy saver comes from the early days of HREG and is
      my sprinklers on my roof. I am cooling 1800 sq. ft. and my last bill was
      $118. Another big saver that I have done since I moved to Texas 13 years
      ago is that I use an auxillery kitchen outside in the summer. I use a
      clothes line to dry clothes and I use fans to cool where I am sitting
      rather than turning the thermostat down. I am currently living in my
      metal barn, so I only have about an R 8 building. All my curtains are
      lined with 18 ounce denim of various colors. I do have double pane
      insulated windows, but the curtains really make a difference on the amount
      of heat that gets through.

      Bright Blessings,
      Kim