Saving Energy

  • Mike Ewert
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11 9:07 PM
      Since I got a $400 electric bill today, it seems like a good time to
      study this website and pass it along. I remember a year when my
      electric bill didn't get over $100. Those were the days.

      DOE has launched a new Web site with detailed information and tips on
      how

      to save money by developing smart energy habits. The site,

      www.EnergySavingTips.gov , serves as a consumer-friendly portal to
      detailed

      energy-saving information from various federal agencies.
    • Jim & Janet
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12 6:39 AM
        A great site to help with that decision is the Power Scorecard www site.
        Jim Duncan
        NTREG

        Since I got a $400 electric bill today, it seems like a good time to
        study this website and pass it along.  I remember a year when my
        electric bill didn't get over $100.  Those were the days.

        DOE has launched a new Web site with detailed information and tips on
        how

        to save money by developing smart energy habits. The site,

        www.EnergySavingTips.gov , serves as a consumer-friendly portal to
        detailed

        energy-saving information from various federal agencies.

      • Garth & Kim Travis
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 12 8:00 AM

          Actually my biggest energy saver comes from the early days of HREG and is
          my sprinklers on my roof. I am cooling 1800 sq. ft. and my last bill was
          $118. Another big saver that I have done since I moved to Texas 13 years
          ago is that I use an auxillery kitchen outside in the summer. I use a
          clothes line to dry clothes and I use fans to cool where I am sitting
          rather than turning the thermostat down. I am currently living in my
          metal barn, so I only have about an R 8 building. All my curtains are
          lined with 18 ounce denim of various colors. I do have double pane
          insulated windows, but the curtains really make a difference on the amount
          of heat that gets through.

          Bright Blessings,
          Kim