Re: [hreg] Peak Oil Conference July 9th

  • John Hornsby
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 8, 2005
      Hreg Group:
      The energy bill (HR 6) was passed by the Senate. I am making a desparate call to all HREG members and purveyors of renewable energy across the Nation to act now. Now that it has passed, there is a "conference committee" to try and sort out the differences in the House version and Senate version. There is one final step after that - President Bush's approval. He has called for the bill to be on his desk by August. PLEASE take some time to look at this bill. It is shocking to say the least that the government is so interested in nuclear energy (unstable, dangereous to national security, and bad for the environment - no matter where we dispose of waste), incentives to fossil fuel companies, and handing our tax money to these moguls. I am including 2 links with 2 separate schools of thought on the issue. One is from the GOP based United States Senate committee on Energy and Natural Resources, and one from Public Citizen. Any web search will lead you to the actual language of the bill, if you can understand it, as well as amendments that have been made. The provisions in this bill are nothing but bandaids placed over salt on an ever growing infected cut. I appreciate your time and future efforts.

      Sincerely,
      John Hornsby
      Owner,
      A-Phaze Electric