Re: [hreg] HREG support for TXSES

  • Lunce
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2005
      How dreadful! Shouldn't there be some kind of reporting system at the ASES?

    • SBT Designs
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2005
        The only authority capable of policing non-profits are the membership.

        > How dreadful! Shouldn't there be some kind of reporting system at the
        > ASES?
        >
        > SBT Designs wrote:
        >
        >> Mike,
        >>
        >> One of the many issues with TXSES is that the San Antonio chapter has
        >> been conceded to Solar San Antonio.
        >>
        >> If this chapter were being conducted properly we would be having
        >> regularly scheduled meetings here that could include the public.
        >> Unfortunately it is common practice for organizations here in San
        >> Antonio to scoop up opportunities like this and monopolize them for a
        >> few principals. That is certainly the case here in San Antonio.
        >> Solar San Antonio has this chapter and is doing little or nothing with
        >> it but using it to promote Solar San Antonio while simultaneously
        >> suppressing TXSES's ability to promote renewables in the San Antonio
        >> area. What little they do is a once a year event which is poorly
        >> promoted, attended and is in potential conflict with the Renewable
        >> Energy Fair. It should not be ignored that most of Solar San
        >> Antonio's funding comes from City Public Service our local electric
        >> utility. It is not in CPS's interest to have renewables gain market
        >> share in this community or succeed. In that regard, what is going on
        >> here in San Antonio is CPS is covertly suppressing the renewable
        >> energy industry and it's promotion in this community.
        >>
        >> All of which makes the activities and motivations of these non-profits
        >> suspect. If TXSES is sincere about making a positive impact in
        >> San Antonio they will move this chapter back into the public domain
        >> where it belongs. Otherwise IMHO all they are is a money hole.
        >>
        >> Steven Shepard
        >> SBT Designs
        >> 25581 IH-10 West
        >> San Antonio, Texas 78257
        >> (210) 698-7109
        >> www.sbtdesigns.com <http://www.sbtdesigns.com>

      • John Hornsby
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14, 2005
          Message
          Mike,
          I don't know if I am getting my responses through to the HREG group. I have sent 2 emails to the group regarding the energy bill that just passed through the house and senate, with very important legislation regarding Solar Energy. I haven't seen any response to these whatsoever. Can you help?
          John Hornsby
          Owner,
          A-Phaze Electric