Baylor Earth Fair

  • Lunce
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2005
      My mom, my daughter and I were at Baylor's Earth Fair. It was Baylor's
      first attempt at an Earth Fair - 9 booths all together : Mothers for
      Clean Air, Bayou Preservation, Urban Harvest, Sierra Club, Metro, Texas
      for Alternative Pesticides, Altibi <spelling?> paper recycling,
      Baylor's environmental and Health and Safety groups, and ofcourse us HREG.

      We had a dozen or so people come to see our booth. I gave away all the
      HREG pamphlets and many Roundup bookmarks. Many people have never heard
      of the Roundup - and some have never heard of Fredericksburg. A couple
      of them gave the bookmark back to me when they heard where
      Fredericksburg is located. Gave away as many newsletters and gave the
      rest to Whole Foods on Bellaire. I also had the "Save the Date" for our
      upcoming Tour on October 30th. 4 people signed up to be on the carpool
      list for the tour.

      The organizer for Baylor was kind of disappointed at the low turnout
      (many people came to trade in their cartridges for a T-shirt at the
      Baylor Booth - that was a good incentive). However, I told her that if
      she did not organize this then all the people who were interested would
      not have the opportunity to see the booths - it'll be better next year!

      Other ideas for future
      - I took a sample of compressed straw wall panel for display (renewable
      agriculture product made in Texas!). Perhaps in the future we can
      collect more samples to display.
      - Have a set fieldtrip route for kids - they are the future!

      Have a wonderful day!

      Lunce