HREG support for TXSES

  • Mike Ewert
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2005
      Message
      I would like to strongly encourage all of you to join the Texas Solar Energy Society (TXSES).    HREG is the local chapter of this awesome organization , which is making things happen for renewable energy .  TXSES is the state chapter for the American Solar Energy Society (ASES) .  If you Join TXSES, you'll get the REFLECTOR publication, and if you join ASES, you get connected with the incredible SOLAR TODAY magazine as a bonus.

      Texas Solar Energy Society home page: www.TXSES.org
      American Solar Energy Society home page: www.ASES.org

      Take a look and join today - you'll make a difference!!!

      Mike  Ewert
      President, Houston Renewable Energy Group

      P.S. Chapter support of the state group was one topic discussed at the Chapter Leaders retreat about a month ago.  We will have a full report at our July 31st meeting.
    • SBT Designs
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2005
        Message
        Mike,

        One of the many issues with TXSES is that the San Antonio chapter has been conceded to Solar San Antonio.

        If this chapter were being conducted properly we would be having regularly scheduled meetings here that could include the public.  Unfortunately it is common practice for organizations here in San Antonio to scoop up opportunities like this and monopolize them for a few principals.  That is certainly the case here in San Antonio.  Solar San Antonio has this chapter and is doing little or nothing with it but using it to promote Solar San Antonio while simultaneously suppressing TXSES's ability to promote renewables in the San Antonio area.  What little they do is a once a year event which is poorly promoted, attended and is in potential conflict with the Renewable Energy Fair.   It should not be ignored that most of Solar San Antonio's funding comes from City Public Service our local electric utility.  It is not in CPS's interest to have renewables gain market share in this community or succeed.  In that regard, what is going on here in San Antonio is CPS is covertly suppressing the renewable energy industry and it's promotion in this community.

        All of which makes the activities and motivations of these non-profits suspect.  If TXSES is sincere about making a positive impact in San Antonio they will move this chapter back into the public domain where it belongs.  Otherwise IMHO all they are is a money hole.

        Steven Shepard
        SBT Designs
        25581 IH-10 West
        San Antonio, Texas 78257
        (210) 698-7109
        www.sbtdesigns.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2005
          How dreadful! Shouldn't there be some kind of reporting system at the ASES?

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2005
            The only authority capable of policing non-profits are the membership.

            > How dreadful! Shouldn't there be some kind of reporting system at the
            > ASES?
            >
            > SBT Designs wrote:
            >
            >> Mike,
            >>
            >> One of the many issues with TXSES is that the San Antonio chapter has
            >> been conceded to Solar San Antonio.
            >>
            >> If this chapter were being conducted properly we would be having
            >> regularly scheduled meetings here that could include the public.
            >> Unfortunately it is common practice for organizations here in San
            >> Antonio to scoop up opportunities like this and monopolize them for a
            >> few principals. That is certainly the case here in San Antonio.
            >> Solar San Antonio has this chapter and is doing little or nothing with
            >> it but using it to promote Solar San Antonio while simultaneously
            >> suppressing TXSES's ability to promote renewables in the San Antonio
            >> area. What little they do is a once a year event which is poorly
            >> promoted, attended and is in potential conflict with the Renewable
            >> Energy Fair. It should not be ignored that most of Solar San
            >> Antonio's funding comes from City Public Service our local electric
            >> utility. It is not in CPS's interest to have renewables gain market
            >> share in this community or succeed. In that regard, what is going on
            >> here in San Antonio is CPS is covertly suppressing the renewable
            >> energy industry and it's promotion in this community.
            >>
            >> All of which makes the activities and motivations of these non-profits
            >> suspect. If TXSES is sincere about making a positive impact in
            >> San Antonio they will move this chapter back into the public domain
            >> where it belongs. Otherwise IMHO all they are is a money hole.
            >>
            >> Steven Shepard
            >> SBT Designs
            >> 25581 IH-10 West
            >> San Antonio, Texas 78257
            >> (210) 698-7109
            >> www.sbtdesigns.com <http://www.sbtdesigns.com>

          • John Hornsby
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 14, 2005
              Message
              Mike,
              I don't know if I am getting my responses through to the HREG group. I have sent 2 emails to the group regarding the energy bill that just passed through the house and senate, with very important legislation regarding Solar Energy. I haven't seen any response to these whatsoever. Can you help?
              John Hornsby
              Owner,
              A-Phaze Electric