Re: [hreg] Still more on the solar house

  • Kevin L. Conlin
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 22, 2000
      I like Roberts comments on a local appropriate design guide for the steamy
      Gulf Coast climate, which is the biggest barrier to solarization in the
      Houston area. So many technologies that work elsewhere aren't effective
      here. I think some of this work may have been done by TX-SES (greenhouse
      guide), HL&P (energy conservation tips) and TX A&M Energy extension service
      (renewable technologies) Combined with some of the FSEC information, which
      is appropriate, a pretty comprehensive guide could be developed. I think
      HL&P is often receptive to these types of projects, they funded some of the
      old Houston Solar Energy Society's publications, and even distributed them.
      I think this type of project fits the purpose of the HREG, the hard part is
      finding the champion to see it through. HSES used to publish design tips
      in their monthly newsletter, a compilation of these articles might be an
      easy way to get the project underway. Anyway, good idea, good luck!