Cultivate Green....Green Homes 101 workshop....Cultivating Green Homes & Remodeling Projects

  • Environment Associates Architects
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2005
      GREEN HOMES 101 workshop......Cultivating Green Homes and Remodeling Projects

      by Environment Associates, Architects & Consultants,Houston Texas

      In keeping with my ongoing personal and professional mission for educating consumers about Green Homes, Green Buildings , and Green Communities as beneficial habitats, and their vital importance to our health and well being, here is a free workshop by yours truly.

      OK.  As not everyone could attend the recent Gulf Coast Green Symposium, someone twisted my arm (it didn't take much) to bring my presentation to Cultivate Green to reach its particular audience.  Now I have changed it up somewhat and have invited Shawn McFarland, AIA, LEED AP, also with Environment Associates, to join me so we can give you more insight into just how we are able to do what we do to achieve the results that we do and still keep everyone as happy as a clam (well sort of.....no one's been killed yet).  (See attachment)

      We will also be opening it up to create dialog and to enable the audience to ask more questions.  Our presentation will address both new homes and the remodeling/upgrading of existing homes to green them up…i.e., conserve energy, create better indoor air quality, using free naturally occurring forces for free heating and cooling,  making homes healthier for the Planet, etc.

      The Houston area has perhaps the most challenging climate zone in the US for green architecture.  Having concentrated my focus upon creating high performance green residential works for more than thirty years for this "arm pit" like summer climate and many other climate zones, here is another opportunity for you to find some answers.  So come prepared with your questions and we will attempt to answer them.

      This workshop, June 22nd from 6-9 PM, is being sponsored by Cultivate Green, an non-profit organization being formed by volunteers and incubated by HARC (the Houston Advanced Research Center ) to educate Houston area residents (and the home building industry) about how to have healthier homes that also use a lot less energy and how to save money in the process.  It is being held at the Univ. of Houston College of Architecture, Room 150.

      If you will be attending, please notify Terri Kurtin (TKurtin@...) or call 281.363.7926, so that we will be able to save you a seat.

      We would greatly appreciate it if you could pass these flyers on to others that may be interested.

      (Please note that in keeping with my promise to you that I would not share your email address with others, I am personally having this notice sent to you)

      LaVerne A. Williams, AIA, LEED AP
      architect & building ecologist
      ENVIRONMENT ASSOCIATES, Architects & Consultants
      5828 Langfield Road
      Houston, TX 77092-1429
      866.815.2527 toll free
      30+ Years of Leadership in Healthy, High Performance Homes / Green Architecture

      Design Counseling / Consulting / Design / Construction Documents / Construction Administration Services

      Recently recognized by the Citizens League for Environmental Action Now as a "Houston Hero" for the Environment, locally and nationally.
      Recipient of the Hershey Conservation Award from the Houston Audubon Society and other honors